Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice: S25/BB/WF/TS for travel with 2 laptops + electronics

Hi folks! Been lurking for a while. Looking for advice on which bag would be best for travelling with 2 laptops + electronics. Looking at the S25/BB/WF/TS. It would have to fit underneath the seat of a regional jet in Canada / USA. I currently have a Dell Premier M backpack (https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell...carrying-cases). While everything sort of fits, it gets tight and hard to get at some of my items. I would like a bit more space and better organization. The existing Dell backpack does fit underneath the seat of a regional jet.

Here is the list of what I plan to carry:

Using the bag at my destination (must less packed, some items left in the hotel) and as EDC would be a bonus!

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by kazibole; 01-30-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe everything you list would fit in any of the bags you mention. As a new user of the Western Flyer, I'd say this is a pretty easy job for that bag-- no need to go as big as a Tristar. You could put both computers along with chargers and other larger things in the main compartment, saving the divided compartments and outer pockets for the smaller things. It easily fits under seats, looks professional, is easy to access everything, and allows you to carry it three ways depending on your preference.

You might take a photo of all the stuff you plan to put in it-- I'm not sure of the dimensions of some of the items are in the list you made. But I'm still pretty sure that it's an easy job for any of those bags. It may come down to what looks and features you prefer, and other plans you may have for that bag (i.e. for clothing, daily commutes, work situations, hiking situations, etc.)
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Amy that a Western Flyer would work well for that, and that a Tri-Star would be overkill. Either the Brain Bag or Western Flyer would certainly hold all of that, and their multiple main compartments might be useful for sorting things you want to access on the flight vs things you won't need until you land. Actually the Brain Bag holds even more than the Tri-Star, but the Brain Bag has side straps to cinch down the extra space, which keeps it from feeling quite so large.

It would probably also all fit in a Synapse 25 also, but it might be a tighter fit--I'm not certain whether it would work well or not. The S25 is almost the same volume as the Western Flyer, but more of that volume is taken up with small pockets that might or might not work well for what you're planning to pack. On the other hand, the S25 looks more like a normal backpack for everyday use and it offers the additional organization you said you're looking for, so it might actually be perfect (water bottle in the water bottle pocket, headphones or Nintendo Switch might fit well in the "chin" pocket, etc). It's hard to say without test packing.

A note on terminology, to keep you from being confused: when you write "SA25" I think you're combining two bags, the SA (Smart Alec, now discontinued but still frequently available on eBay) and the S25 (Synapse 25). Both are about the same volume but the SA is one large cavern and the S25 uses a lot of that volume for smaller organizational pockets. I have both and I like both very much, but I use them for different things.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    A note on terminology, to keep you from being confused: when you write "SA25" I think you're combining two bags, the SA (Smart Alec, now discontinued but still frequently available on eBay) and the S25 (Synapse 25). Both are about the same volume but the SA is one large cavern and the S25 uses a lot of that volume for smaller organizational pockets. I have both and I like both very much, but I use them for different things.
    Thank you for the clarification. I was referring to the Synapse 25, I have made the correction. Indeed the Smart Alec would have been a good choice if still in production!