Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make my large DOP stiffer

I am hoping for some suggestions how to make a large DOP stiffer. I want to use it to hold papers but to be able to pull it out of my S25 (attached to an O-ring) and push it back into the bag between, for example, the cache and a packing cube.

Has anyone done something to make a DOP easier to get back in a bag?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    I am hoping for some suggestions how to make a large DOP stiffer. I want to use it to hold papers but to be able to pull it out of my S25 (attached to an O-ring) and push it back into the bag between, for example, the cache and a packing cube.

Has anyone done something to make a DOP easier to get back in a bag?
    Can you cut a piece of thick card stock to fill the OP (making it bigger than standard Letter or A4 paper)? Or maybe use a laminated card? If that isn't stiff enough you might be able to find a custom-cut HDPE or acrylic sheet online.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a sheet of plastic template? I just tried it with my medium DOP. Because it’s see-thru, I laid it on top of the pouch to mark the inside edges and the lower curves. I slipped it in the back pocket, tucked it under the zipper, and it fit perfectly! I’m going to do the same with my small DOP.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a plastic low-profile clipboard in my large COP. Not as a stiffener, but to actually hold pages of puzzles or whatever. Fits nicely in the big pocket of my Pilot. Highly recommended!

Such as https://www.amazon.com/Sparco-Plasti.../dp/B000Q62BMS

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use plastic folders, the ones that look like manila folders made of cardboard but are made of plastic.

I bought mine 10 years ago.

You can also try cardboard ones and see if it is sufficient stiffness.

See an example of plastic ones, below.

https://www.target.com/p/plastic-fol...ket-up-up-153/

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dollar stores often stock thin translucent plastic cutting board sheets. They are easy to cut to size and work well as a stiffener.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who snickered at the title of this thread? (and the seriously earnest suggestions just made it worse, sorry I needed a good guffaw)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~ raises hand ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Wilde View Post
    Am I the only one who snickered at the title of this thread? (and the seriously earnest suggestions just made it worse, sorry I needed a good guffaw)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Wilde View Post
    Well, it's good to know where people's minds are.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the "seriously earnest suggestions." My wife is very crafty and thinks we can easily try a cheap cutting board first. If that doesn't do the trick, we'll try some more complicated and/or costly suggestions.