Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon and the Synapse 19

Hi all,

I'm wondering how the X1 Carbon would fit in the Synapse 19. Here are the dimensions of these items:

• ThinkPad: 12.7" (w) x 8.5" (d) 0.6" (h)
    • Synapse: 11.4" (w) x 7.9" (d) x 16" (h)

My concern is that the ThinkPad will take up a lot of space and not leave room for too much else; specifically, a

• book/notebook
    • power brick
    • snacks
    • 32 oz. water bottle

Questions

1. What other items can fit comfortably in the bag with similar-sized laptop?
    2. Which cache best suits this computer?
    3. Does the computer touch the bottom of the bag/floor when in the cache?
    4. Do you feel your computer is well protected in the cache and bag?

Pictures are greatly appreciated!

I don't want to cram the items I typically carry in the S19; I'd like everything to fit comfortably. I love my S25, but it's a bit large for everyday use.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a MacBook Air 13" that seems to be about the same size as your laptop and it fits fine in the S19 in a TB cache or in the neoprene sleeve I already have. I can easily fit the powerbrick, a Kindle, snacks, etc. in the main compartment as well as random stuff in the pockets.
    I use a 16oz Nalgene in the water bottle pocket - unfortunately I don't have a 32oz bottle of any type to check for you.
    HTH a bit
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I have a MacBook Air 13" that seems to be about the same size as your laptop and it fits fine in the S19 in a TB cache or in the neoprene sleeve I already have.
    Definitely helpful! Thank you. Does your MacBook touch the bottom of the bag when it's in the cache? How would you rate the padding/protection of your laptop?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificPaul View Post
    Definitely helpful! Thank you. Does your MacBook touch the bottom of the bag when it's in the cache? How would you rate the padding/protection of your laptop?
    Mine is slightly suspended above the bottom of the bag when carried, but if I put it down and there's nothing inside the bag under the cache, then the laptop will touch bottom. The caches were designed as a quick but tethered access for the devices (esp for TSA, etc) not protection via suspension.

With that being said, the cache itself seems equivalent in protection to a neoprene sleeve I also use and had previously, that doesn't attach. I don't drop or toss my backpack so it's never come up as an issue for me, YMMV.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...