Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo

    Does anyone have have a bag in that color combo and can take a few pictures? I'm trying to decide between the nebulous grey/island and nebulous grey/nws SideKick. My initial reaction is the island interior since it's more of a contrast, but it's hard to get a grasp of the nebulous grey/nws from the product pictures. I do love nws otherwise, but since it already has grey undertones, I worry how it will look paired with a grey bag. Thank you!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the nebulous grey/island and nebulous grey/nws SideKick. My initial reaction is the island interior since it's more of a contrast, but it's hard to get a grasp of the nebulous grey/nws from the product pictures. I do love nws otherwise, but since it already has grey undertones, I worry how it will look paired with a grey bag.
    Oh how I understand your indecision! I think both are gorgeous, and I actually have tried interior Island in a SK before (black exterior), but it was a bit too bright in that tiny bag for me for daily use. I ended up getting the NWS version:

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1027-jpg

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1028-jpg

    Two other decision-making points that mattered to me:

    1. I like to wear a lot of neutral colors, so even though an interior color, the NWS went better with my wardrobe

    2. I like my other smaller bags and wallets to not clash color-wise whenever I open my purse, so NWS again won out in the non-clashing category against my wallet color and my eyeglass sleeves. I was able to get very colorful with the contents of my SK because of the neutral NWS lining.

    I added some photos of my S25 in Nebulous/nws and my S19 in Cloud/Island, and to show how they look with other bright colors stored in the bag:

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1017-jpg
    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1018-jpg
    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1022-jpg

    So ask yourself, when you look at the Island next to the NWS, which will you want to look at over and over again on a daily basis? And don't get me wrong, just because I prefer the NWS in the SK, I LOVE island too, just not in this bag (My A30 is black with Island interior).
    Last edited by anna2222; 02-13-2019 at 09:22 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Oh how I understand your indecision! I think both are gorgeous, and I actually have tried interior Island in a SK before (black exterior), but it was a bit too bright in that tiny bag for me for daily use. I ended up getting the NWS version:

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1027-jpg

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1028-jpg

    Two other decision-making points that mattered to me:

    1. I like to wear a lot of neutral colors, so even though an interior color, the NWS went better with my wardrobe

    2. I like my other smaller bags and wallets to not clash color-wise whenever I open my purse, so NWS again won out in the non-clashing category against my wallet color and my eyeglass sleeves. I was able to get very colorful with the contents of my SK because of the neutral NWS lining.

    I added some photos of my S25 in Nebulous/nws and my S19 in Cloud/Island, and to show how they look with other bright colors stored in the bag:

    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1017-jpg
    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1018-jpg
    Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-img_1022-jpg

    So ask yourself, when you look at the Island next to the NWS, which will you want to look at over and over again on a daily basis? And don't get me wrong, just because I prefer the NWS in the SK, I LOVE island too, just not in this bag (My A30 is black with Island interior).
    Thank you for such a detailed post! I'm similar to you in that I prefer more neutral colors. I have a synapse in black/island, but I still forget how bright that color is. Now that I see them side by side, I do prefer the nws over the island (which is great because that's the one in stock, lol)

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Share
    North Carolina
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SK is the Nebulous/NWS combo. I stick to neutral exteriors so that I can use all of my bags for business and pleasure. I prefer NWS interiors with colorful accessories. The NWS makes the bag interior lighter and colorful accessories are fun and really stand out. Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky Color combo-resized-pictures-1-jpg

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, am I going crazy or is nebulous grey/nws not on the website anymore?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    Ok, am I going crazy or is nebulous grey/nws not on the website anymore?
    The S19 is available in that combo, and the S25 is in production in that combo. It looks like the SK sold out and they are not making more for now. Can't imagine they would retire that combo, as it is so popular. With all of the new products coming out for preorder on Tues they are probably just focused on other things.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    The S19 is available in that combo, and the S25 is in production in that combo. It looks like the SK sold out and they are not making more for now. Can't imagine they would retire that combo, as it is so popular. With all of the new products coming out for preorder on Tues they are probably just focused on other things.
    Thanks. I was waiting until the pre-orders opened to place my order for the sidekick. It was in stock last week with no indication that they were running low.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    Thanks. I was waiting until the pre-orders opened to place my order for the sidekick. It was in stock last week with no indication that they were running low.
    Keep an eye on their inventory, sometimes one will be returned and added back in.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Share
    Alaska
    Posts
    717
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    While I appreciate a light colored interior in bags, that pop of cheery color makes me smile every time I open my bag. I'm fond of the Island and I swoon over the Ultraviolet interiors of my bags.

    I've had to compromise with a NWS interior in a couple of my bags. It does make it easy to see everything in the bag and it shows off accessories very nicely. It doesn't make me smile like the other colors do.

    My advice for anyone looking for a specific color combination: when it's in stock, DON'T wait, BUY IT NOW! It may be gone tomorrow.

    Good luck! elisa

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Keep an eye on their inventory, sometimes one will be returned and added back in.
    nolegrl, in addition to anna2222's excellent advice to keep an eye on inventory, it could be worth calling or emailing to ask if they have one in stock that isn't showing up on the website. Sometimes it happens! And in case you're reluctant to bother them by calling: the couple of times I've called with questions like this, the people I've talked to have never seemed to mind being asked.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  11. #11
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,415
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    nolegrl, in addition to anna2222's excellent advice to keep an eye on inventory, it could be worth calling or emailing to ask if they have one in stock that isn't showing up on the website. Sometimes it happens! And in case you're reluctant to bother them by calling: the couple of times I've called with questions like this, the people I've talked to have never seemed to mind being asked.
    The live chat is also excellent for people who prefer not to phone (there's a blue button somewhere on the bottom of every page of the site that says Chat during opening hours and Mail the rest of the time).

  12. #12
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The live chat is also excellent for people who prefer not to phone (there's a blue button somewhere on the bottom of every page of the site that says Chat during opening hours and Mail the rest of the time).
    I never noticed there was live chat! Wow! I just looked, and in my browser it's a blue button in the lower left corner that says "QUESTIONS?" I learn something new every day. Big Grin

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    My advice for anyone looking for a specific color combination: when it's in stock, DON'T wait, BUY IT NOW! It may be gone tomorrow.
    Totally agree! I used to wait, and have lost out MANY times.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •