Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which yeoman size can I safely bring as a carry on?

I don't plan on over packing it, but I like to have an option to stuff it 90% at most. Mini seems like the largest i can bring when I look at the linear measurements.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you mean as a personal item? Since the Aeronauts are carryon bags, and you have to go up to a Medium Size Yeoman Duffel to approximate an Aeronaut, I'm pretty sure that you're talking about a personal item rather than carry-on luggage. The specific definition depends a little on the airline.

ETA: Take a look at the Which size Yeoman duffel bag? thread. There are extensive photos in that thread of the Small Yeoman Duffel packed for travel. My posted answer there also gives links to other threads with pictures. For example, the New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute thread that appeared with the debut of the (multi-sized) Yeoman Duffels shows several comparisons of the different sizes with other bags, and near the end of that thread I show accessories in the Mini YD (also demonstrating that you can carry a 13" laptop in that bag). (There are also some packups of the Mini YD carrying both lunch and clothes in my post in the thread about the new Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes to give another impression about size).
    Last edited by moriond; 02-19-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to get size reference, but the Mini YD is teeny tiny, in a good way. It looks like, well, a miniature duffle bag. Think of a duffel bag scaled down for a pre-schooler. The small visually doesn't look that much larger than the Mini, but I found the opening on the Small to be just that much easier to put things in and out of the bag. As @moriond said the Medium would be a good carry-on sized travel bag, but if you're looking for a personal item bag, then I think the Small or Mini would do.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I always bring my S25, which can be considered a personal item. So I'd like to get a bag that's considered a carry on.

I think i'll get a medium. It's slightly bigger than A45, but I think I should be okay as long as I don't overpack it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curieux View Post
    Thanks! I always bring my S25, which can be considered a personal item. So I'd like to get a bag that's considered a carry on.

I think i'll get a medium. It's slightly bigger than A45, but I think I should be okay as long as I don't overpack it.
    I added some links at the end of my post. Take a look at the first one to see what you can carry in the Small Yeoman Duffel. (It's quite a lot.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curieux View Post
    I love my medium Yeoman. Itís so lightweight and easily packs down. I have overpacked it and it still fits in the overhead compartment just fine. If I think I am going to bring back a lot of stuff, I will fold it up and pack it in, say, my A30 and then check it for the return. Originally I was using an original Nordic/Solar A45 a lot of times when traveling by plane, but I got sort of paranoid that I would be asked to check it since I am a heavy packer. Not wanting to risk that, I switched to the medium Yeoman and havenít looked back. Now I use the A45 for car travel, although I might pick up a ballistic one for air travel when I want the side pockets for shoes or to store the PCSB or SK that I use to hook onto the seat pocket during a flight.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've carried a slightly under packed Small as a personal item on Southwest - fit under the seat and the A45 went into the overhead.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!