Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCB - sizing of interior pockets?

Can anyone tell me if the two bigger interior pockets of the MCB are sized the same and if yes, are they the same size as the big pocket in the SCB? I plan to get a new wallet and I would like it to fit in one of those MCB pockets if at all possible. I don't have a MCB yet, only a SCB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my MCB, the two pockets are the effectively the same size. Measured, they are about 3.25 inches and 3.5 inches wide and both are 5 inches deep.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much. Depth seems to be similar to my SCB, but the pocket in my bag is much wider, around 4.3 inches if I measured correctly. That narrows it down quite a bit if I need something that narrow. That’s only a tad wider than my phone!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will a couple of the Small or Mini Ghost Whale Pouches fit in these pockets? I realize the small will protrude a bit.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Will a couple of the Small or Mini Ghost Whale Pouches fit in these pockets? I realize the small will protrude a bit.
    I donít have any mini Ghost Whales to test out. However, I have two small ones. I turned an original Nordic MCB inside out so you can see the fit better. The small Ghost Whale fits perfectly in each pocket. As you surmised, it does protrude above, but not too much. Even though lightly packed, two GW pouches in one pocket is pretty tight.

MCB - sizing of interior pockets?-gw1-jpgMCB - sizing of interior pockets?-gw2-jpg
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect! Thank you for the info.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I don’t have any mini Ghost Whales to test out. However, I have two small ones. I turned an original Nordic MCB inside out so you can see the fit better. The small Ghost Whale fits perfectly in each pocket. As you surmised, it does protrude above, but not too much. Even though lightly packed, two GW pouches in one pocket is pretty tight.
    Thanks for the visual! That’s really helpful because I own a small GWOP, I can use it when I’m out looking to test for size.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting pictures of an original Nordic / Solar MCB makes me want to cry. #jealous