Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Cadet "plus”, an EDC (every day carry) that holds a larger laptop.

I'm starting to grow up, over 60!
    I have the last 15-20 years purchased laptops with screen size +/- 14 ".
    Now I crawl to the cross, partly because of the need for larger letters and stronger glasses - and I am buying a laptop with screen size >15.5". The > 15.5" screen on laptops of today are just as thin and as light as in the old days 14" laptops, but are in excess of the outside diameter of what is not possible to put inside of today's Cadet EDC in a cache.
    If I buy a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15.6" with a TB-bag and a 15A Cache, I don't want a bag/backpack with a volume of 22.5-36 liters.
    I want an EDC of 14-16.5 liters.
    Then I need a Cadet "plus”, an EDC (every day carry) that holds a larger laptop, perhaps with the name of the military degrees, a lieutenant?

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums, @Nordman!

If I'm reading you right, you're saying that a 15A Cache wouldn't fit in a Cadet--but the 15A Cache is one of the options in the Cache dropdown box on the Cadet page, so it should fit in a Cadet just fine. Have I misunderstood what you're saying? Or do you perhaps have an older Cadet, from when the Cadet was offered in a smaller size?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Cadet that I use about half the time as my EDC (other half is Synapse 25). I carry a 15" Dell PC in it with plenty of room on either side of my cache. It should be plenty big for a 15.6". It's a really nice bag!

I do find it a bit narrow sometimes, which is why I sometimes switch out for my S25 (also, I just really like *both* bags). The Synapse 25 doesn't look or feel too big, imo, but I do understand not wanting to get a bag that's too big.

Good luck finding the right bag!
    Last edited by maletero; 03-18-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the slim neoprene sleeves on Amazon. They're thinner than the cache but since the cadet has plenty of protection on it's own you don't need a thick sleeve.