Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-Pilot Zippers Clatter

Recently bought a Co-Pilot that I am overall quite happy with, but there is one small annoyance and I'm wondering if anyone has any useful input...

I find that the two sets of paired zipper pulls clatter against each other quite a lot when I walk. I figured out that part of the problem was that I was wearing the bag lower than it needed to be (off the side of my hip instead of more messenger-like at the small of my back), but correcting that only partially settled the jangling.

Any help, or is that just the price paid for big hefty metal zipper pulls?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @kilted_monkey and welcome to the Forums!

It is indeed due to the hefty nature of the metal pulls. Have you used the cord pulls at all? You can thread them through the zipper pulls to somewhat reduce the sound, but you'll still hear it.

Check out the video below for how to use the cord pulls...

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/videos#cordpulls

I use the method of threading them as a figure 8 from where the metal pull attaches to the zipper head and back through the hold in the metal pull and then out to be held by the plastic pull tabs.

Did you buy the CP new from TB? If so, it should have come with the paracord and plastic pull tabs.

You can also cut off the metal pulls completely as seen in the video, though that is obviously not reversible.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use cord pulls on all zips in the figure 8 method that G42 describes above. This significantly, to be almost unnoticeable to my satisfaction, reduces the noise of the metal zip pulls clattering against each other or avoids the pull loosely jangling in the zipper head. Dven if this all may seem a bit unnecessary, I remain very happy that Tom Bihn use high quality and good sized metal zippers.