Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think of this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Durable-Repla...gateway&sr=8-9

It looks like it might have less hardware than the SOS.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
    What do you think of this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Durable-Repla...gateway&sr=8-9
    It looks like it might have less hardware than the SOS.
    I don’t have that particular strap, but it appears to have a movable padded portion, which, for me, rubs against my neck. I use the mini absolute strap with my TCs, SKs, and SEs and wear them crossbody. It doesn’t feel like too much strap for the bag nor does it have too much hardware, IMO...only a clip on each end of a 1” strap and the fixed in place cushion that feels heavenly against the neck. Here is my TC with the mini absolut strap.
    Gosh darn it...the same issue again (tiny shoulder bag)-d0d434e6-4715-4166-a8f5-19eb5017d049-jpeg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Wanderlust77, that does look perfectly fine! Thanks very much for posting photos.

I swear, it happens every year: Travel nerves. I never think I have the right clothes/gear/whatever.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Wanderlust77, that does look perfectly fine! Thanks very much for posting photos.

I swear, it happens every year: Travel nerves. I never think I have the right clothes/gear/whatever.
    I’m going thru the same thing...we’re not traveling until August, but my sewing room has become my staging area, with bags and stacks of clothes. I’m making myself crazy!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang...I don't see a Black Halcyon TC. I wonder if there will be more?

OR, was it *ever* available in Black Halcyon?
    Last edited by ladyinblack1964; 03-31-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang...I don't see a Black Halcyon TC. I wonder if there will be more?

OR, was it *ever* available in Black Halcyon?
    No, not yet so far.

And several of us are hoping for the original (white grid) black before it retires...

The 210 ballistic fabrics are very similar in weight, if that is what is driving your choice.

Dawn 210 ballistic and Northwest Sky 200 halcyon are probably the most neutral of the current lighter fabrics.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's the weight I'm concerned about.

Thanks for the info!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a Travel Cubelet in Black Halcyon or Black 210 Ballistic. Preferably after they add another o-ring to the other side of the interior since, like many others, I donít like the placement of the current one. (This is purely a wish. As far as I know there are no plans to make this change.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still thinking it over. It's a toss-up between black (most of my clothes are black, as you might have guessed from my username) and Aubergine. I have a Swift in Aubergine and it has become my one and only EDC. I have some lovely Vera Bradley bags that were gifts but I rarely use them. Also have VB wallets that are just sitting in a closet since I got my little TB zippered pouches.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 525 Aubergine is awesome. And I can imagine it looks great against a black background (your clothing). So my vote definitely goes to Aubergine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2