Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luminary vs Daylight

Hi, all!
    I might have missed a post somewhere similar to this one, but I was wondering your thoughts on the Luminary and the Daylight, and your pros and cons of each. I have the S25, which I use for school and weekend trips. And while I love it, I'd love a smaller bag I can take on day trips, like hiking in the mountains or a long, casual bike ride. I have been eyeing the Daylight and the Luminary for a while (with the new Luminary, I'd go for the 15). Any advice y'all can give would be super helpful! I'd typically be carrying my camera (Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless), water bottle (about 24oz), a lightweight jacket or raincoat, potentially a lunchbox and book, then the usual wallet/phone/keys.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some of the Luminary reviews are exactly what you're looking for! Especially this one, which even mentions a camera (though I don't know if it's similar to yours): On the bright side: Luminary 12 & 15 meet the Daylight Backpack

And these too:
    Luminary 15 pReview
    THE LUMINARY 15 BACKPACK: A Star Is Born!
    Luminary 12/15 vs. Synapse 19/25 vs. Daylight Backpack?

There were other Luminary reviews right about that same time, but these are the ones that have some comparison with the DLBP either in the review itself or in the discussion later in the thread.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi SouthernBelle,

I did a comparison review in the Photos, Videos, and Reviews section that might be helpful for a start...

Ooops, aedifica was just some minutes quicker....
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an opinion. I love both bags, but for the activities you list - hiking and biking, I’d go for the L15. It has more structure and better backpack straps for more comfortable active wear. I love my DLBP but think it’sd be flopping back and forth on my bike...

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the links to other reviews and your opinions! They are very helpful, and I am taking my time reading them all to figure out what will work best for me.

A little state with a big heart
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the daylight backpack (I have 2) they are lightweight, but hold alot. They squish up so they can fit on my lap. Here’s a photo on a ferry to Martha’s Vineyard last summer.
    As it has a soft structure I would not recommend carrying a camera in this bag, unless it was in a hard case.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luminary vs Daylight-img_3670-jpg 
    Last edited by PeachDreams; 04-11-2019 at 04:18 PM.