Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Across the pond
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freudian Slip vs Travel Tray query

Hey Forumites,

Our office is about to head down the murky path that is hot-desking, so I'll need to be able to corral my bits and pieces easily from my desk to put in my locker overnight (just as soon as I've sorted a locker out, lol!), and then back again the next morning. I have a FS already (MCB size I believe) that I've never really used in my bags so that's one option, another would be getting another travel tray (my Iberian one is *my precious* and stays by my bedside unless in a bag travelling).

Currently the bits and pieces list is:

• several pens and pencils
    • couple of highlighter pens
    • anti-bac gel in a travel/handbag size
    • coaster for my mug
    • small bag of snacks
    • small (A5ish) notebook
    • pack of tissues (again, handbag sized)
    • hands-free/headphones for phone

Does anyone else use the FS or travel tray at work (whether pulled from your back, or a more permanent storage place)? Any thoughts or pointers please?
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP - Leonard Nimoy

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertandor View Post

Does anyone else use the FS or travel tray at work (whether pulled from your back, or a more permanent storage place)? Any thoughts or pointers please?
    I have a small TT on my standup desk at work... it is usually holding mini post-it note pads and various scraps of notes to myself.
    Up until Friday it was a Wasabi one.... and now it's Dawn since my new order came in Smilie

The large is the size you'd want given the A5 notebook and if your snacks are bulky. If it's just the other stuff and a granola bar, then the small should work.

If you don't have space constraints, you could consider getting one of each size:
    -Use the large for the notebook and all the work/stationary items.
    -Use the small for the tissues, anti-bac, and snacks and when they're running low, just take the STT home with you one night to restock.

And note that Iberian is being retired, so if you love that colour, get it now...

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post175813

And good luck with the hot desking!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your MCB FS is likely to work well for the list you gave! Depending on what your desk situation will be, you might want to get a clip that would let you hang the FS from the edge of your desk. For example, I've used a mini or small Heroclip to hang a Freudian Slip from the edge of a desk.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently using the MCB FS for a similar purpose and it works great, try a test pack with the one you already have and see what you think.
    I just lay mine down on my desk behind my laptop when I'm working tbh

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not both? The small travel tray would be great to corral smallish stuff, like memory sticks, paper clips and clamps, chapstick, cough drops, etc. Plus, you know you need a small travel tray for travel as well as your large one. Well, don't you?
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using an MCFS for similar purposes for about a year now and love it. I did decide to switch it up recently and am currently working out of a Deluxe Spiff Kit (jars removed).
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Across the pond
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all, just popped back in to thank you for the tips.

I've been using the FS for a couple of weeks now, and it's really working well.Smilie
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP - Leonard Nimoy