Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel cubelet 210 black ballistic

Hi. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Has the TC ever been made in the lighter black ballistic material? Will it ever be?

I prefer the lighter 210 ballistic to the 525 and was just wondering/hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post
    Hi. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Has the TC ever been made in the lighter black ballistic material? Will it ever be?

I prefer the lighter 210 ballistic to the 525 and was just wondering/hoping.

It has! It was available last November. Possibly before or since but I'm not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    11/20/2018 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order
    October Sessions Edition

Aeronaut 30, Black 1050 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Aeronaut 30, Black 1050 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Aeronaut 30, Burnt Orange 1050 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Aeronaut 30, Aubergine 1050 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon

Cubelet, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Mars Red 525 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Aubergine 525 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Grass 210 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Island 210 Ballistic
    Cubelet, Virdian 210 Ballistic

Daylight Briefcase, Black 400 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Daylight Briefcase, Nordic 400 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon
    Daylight Briefcase, Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    Daylight Briefcase, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Grass 210 Ballistic
    Daylight Briefcase, Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic
    Daylight Briefcase, Cloud 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Daylight Briefcase, Aubergine 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic

Travel Cubelet, Island 200 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Mars Red 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Black 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Viridan 210 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Dawn 210 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Grass 210 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether
    Travel Cubelet, Island 210 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 120 Aether

8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Black
    8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Coyote
    8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Iberian
    8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Island
    8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Northwest Sky
    8-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Ultraviolet

16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Black
    16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Coyote
    16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Iberian
    16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Island
    16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Northwest Sky
    16-Inch Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Strap, Ultraviolet

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    It has! It was available last November. Possibly before or since but I'm not sure about that.
    @Cristina, The question @Duggy’sMom was asking was whether the Travel Cubelet had ever been made in the 210d Black Ballistic Nylon instead of the 525d weight Black Ballistic Nylon, and whether this was a possibility for the future.

The Travel Cubelet debuted with the 525d Black Ballistic Nylon option, and has continued to be offered in this weight, but any prospects of its being offered in 210d Black Ballistic would have to be addressed by @Darcy.

In the early reviews we asked about the possibility of seeing the Travel Cubelet in 400d Halcyon ( in part, too, because the original Carbon Aether Pocket made the interior of the Black 525d very dark), but didn’t get a response. That’s been alleviated by the lighter color pockets. My guess would be that it might be easier for them to keep only one Black Ballistic Nylon Travel Cubelet in the rotation unless there is significant demand for the lighter weight option, and that this would be the 525d weight. But we’d really need to hear an official answer to this query

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack sorry for my extremely poor reading comprehension!! I must have just seen the number 525 and ignored everything else. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Cristina, The question @Duggy’sMom was asking was whether the Travel Cubelet had ever been made in the 210d Black Ballistic Nylon instead of the 525d weight Black Ballistic Nylon, and whether this was a possibility for the future.

The Travel Cubelet debuted with the 525d Black Ballistic Nylon option, and has continued to be offered in this weight, but any prospects of its being offered in 210d Black Ballistic would have to be addressed by @Darcy.

In the early reviews we asked about the possibility of seeing the Travel Cubelet in 400d Halcyon ( in part, too, because the original Carbon Aether Pocket made the interior of the Black 525d very dark), but didn’t get a response. That’s been alleviated by the lighter color pockets. My guess would be that it might be easier for them to keep only one Black Ballistic Nylon Travel Cubelet in the rotation unless there is significant demand for the lighter weight option, and that this would be the 525d weight. But we’d really need to hear an official answer to this query

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Duggy'sMom...I too would like a 210 ballistic black Travel Cubelet... I prefer the lighter weight fabric for the TCs
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

HTH

moriond
    Thanks for clarifying moriond! Though I wish that there will be enough people asking for the lighter 210 black that they actually make them.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All! We think it's a good idea to make that switch too! We'll get some Black 210d Ballistic Travel Cubelets in the next batch.

We just set it up so you can sign up for notification that they're available on the Travel Cublet page- we expect they'll be ready in about 4-6 weeks. We hadn't posted anything about it yet but we've got Coyote 210d Ballistic Travel Cubelets coming along at the same time

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
    Hi All! We think it's a good idea to make that switch too! We'll get some Black 210d Ballistic Travel Cubelets in the next batch.

We just set it up so you can sign up for notification that they're available on the Travel Cublet page- we expect they'll be ready in about 4-6 weeks. We hadn't posted anything about it yet but we've got Coyote 210d Ballistic Travel Cubelets coming along at the same time
    Oh, wow, that's awesome! I signed up for both the black 210 and the Coyote. Any chance we will see an original halcyon Travel Cubelet before that fabric is retired? Please say yes.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeV View Post

Yay!!!

Thank you!!! Travel cubelet 210 black ballistic