Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Best "Universal" Freudian Slip

    I just received a Brain Bag yesterday as an upgrade to my Synapse 25 for work carry.

    I'm still undecided on the Brain Bag (I'm not crazy about the look and organization layout, but I'm loving the extra compartment) but after seeing how the bag packs and looking at some of the difficulty I had packing the one Synapse compartment with my stuff, I think a Freudian slip may help.

    But which Freudian slip will work in the most number of bags? I don't want to get one that fits perfectly in the Brain Bag but then it won't fit in the Synapse 25 or Synapse 19 or a different backpack from another company or a laptop case. Basically, I want the best "bang for my buck" freudian slip.

    My only requirement is that it has a slip pocket that will hold a standard notebook (measures 10.5 x 8, I believe) and have some sort of loose elastic piece for a laptop charger (the rectangular block ones, not square apple ones). The notebook pocket doesn't need to fit it completely, but just so that it will be easy to slide in and out of the bag without snagging on something and ripping the paper cover off.

    Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 06-20-2019 at 07:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    880
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip and I think it meets your listed requirements, but it's short in comparison to the Brain Bag so you'd have to reach in deeper to be able to grab the FS. Does that work for you? The MCB FS is also the one a lot of people recommend for the Pop Tote.

    The Large Cafe Bag FS was also great in Synapses, but it's harder to find now that the LCB isn't made anymore.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I really like the Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip and I think it meets your listed requirements, but it's short in comparison to the Brain Bag so you'd have to reach in deeper to be able to grab the FS. Does that work for you? The MCB FS is also the one a lot of people recommend for the Pop Tote.

    The Large Cafe Bag FS was also great in Synapses, but it's harder to find now that the LCB isn't made anymore.
    Yup that'd be fine. I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the one to get because it's oos at the moment. I'll put it myself on the notification list though. Thank you!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    210
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely the medium cafe bag FS, I have used this in S19, DLBP, smart Alec, the list goes on.

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    I'm still undecided on the Brain Bag (I'm not crazy about the look and organization layout, but I'm loving the extra compartment) but after seeing how the bag packs and looking at some of the difficulty I had packing the one Synapse compartment with my stuff, I think a Freudian slip may help.

    But which Freudian slip will work in the most number of bags? I don't want to get one that fits perfectly in the Brain Bag but then it won't fit in the Synapse 25 or Synapse 19 or a different backpack from another company or a laptop case. Basically, I want the best "bang for my buck" freudian slip.
    I realize that it's not as multi-purpose, but I wouldn't rule out the BB FS. I'm really glad that I got one for my BB. One of the main advantages of the FS is maximizing the use of the vertical space of the Brain Bag, which is quite deep. For other items that either sink or are stuffed in the bottom, I've started accumulating pouches and key straps so that I can pull them out without rooting around in the bottom of the bag. I would be concerned that an MCB FS would tend to suffer some of the same issues (unless tucked into an actual MCB). I'd be interested in hearing from people that have tried this though.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the s25 FS fits into the brain bag? It looks like it might be a smidge too tall.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I realize that it's not as multi-purpose, but I wouldn't rule out the BB FS. I'm really glad that I got one for my BB. One of the main advantages of the FS is maximizing the use of the vertical space of the Brain Bag, which is quite deep. For other items that either sink or are stuffed in the bottom, I've started accumulating pouches and key straps so that I can pull them out without rooting around in the bottom of the bag. I would be concerned that an MCB FS would tend to suffer some of the same issues (unless tucked into an actual MCB). I'd be interested in hearing from people that have tried this though.
    Since it's currently in stock, I'm really considering getting it to try out. I can't really use the Brain Bag as-is, so it's sitting in my closet with tags until a Freudian slip becomes available. They said mid-July is the expected timeframe for the medium cafe one, but that's cutting it a bit close on my return period for the BB.

    For the medium cafe bag fs, I was thinking of using the key hooks and carabineers to connect it to either the rails and the fs loop or an o-ring and the fs loop, so that way it's suspended a bit and isn't buried deep in the bag.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 06-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    224
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got impatient and ordered the BB Freudian Slip yesterday with 2 day UPS shipping (otherwise it would take a week to get here). And as luck would have it, the Medium Cafe Bag Freudian slip came in stock today. So I ordered that one as well and since it's shipping USPS, it will get here around the same time as the BB slip, so I can try them both out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •