Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Ghost Whale for iPhone 8 Plus

Does anyone happen to know if an iPhone 8 Plus will fit in the Small Ghost Whale? I have a Large Zip-Top Shop Bag that has become the bag I reach for the most and I need some way to keep my phone accessible. I think attaching the Small Ghost Whale to the key strap at the top would be the way to go - if the phone will fit. Thanks for your advice!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums, @bmd3465! I don't have an iPhone 8 Plus so I can't answer that for you, but I hope someone else will chime in. From the dimensions it looks like it might fit but it would be close.

If nobody else has an answer for you and you decide to give it a try anyway, I suggest trying one of the 210d colors instead of a 525d color--the lighter fabric is a little more flexible and that might give you a tiny bit more room in the pouch, as I described when the Super Mini Ghost Whales came out earlier this month:

Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    the Super Mini Ghost Whale in the 210d Ballistic is actually a little longer than the same pouch in the 525d Ballistic even though they're both die-cut with the same die. I believe it's because the thicker fabric doesn't fold as easily at the edges of the pouch, so the pouch is marginally plumper front to back and isn't quite as long or as wide. A standard US business card will fit in a 210d SMGW but won't quite fit in a 525d SMGW. The white card in the following photos is the plain back of a business card, and the center photo shows that the Viridian Super Mini is a little longer than the Alphaviolet Super Mini.

Attachment 22764
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @bmd3465!

You can also contact the fine folks in Customer Service and see if they can check the fit for you
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully, someone with the iPhone 8 plus will post an answer -- it looks like a tight fit for the width of the Small Ghost Whale Pouch, because you need to allow some leeway for the thickness of the phone and for the zipper to close. Again, I don't have the 8 plus, and am only measuring the pouch against the specs. Too close to call.

moriond

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmd3465 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if an iPhone 8 Plus will fit in the Small Ghost Whale? I have a Large Zip-Top Shop Bag that has become the bag I reach for the most and I need some way to keep my phone accessible. I think attaching the Small Ghost Whale to the key strap at the top would be the way to go - if the phone will fit. Thanks for your advice!
    I have an iPhone 8+ with a slim case and a pop socket. I just tried it in my veridian forum gift. It does fit, and I can zip it around the curve, but it is too tall to zip completely closed. Sorry I can’t post a pic. I hope that helps a little.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your help with this very tough decision Smilie I think I'll take a gamble on the Small GW in a 210 color. Fingers crossed!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First reply didn't post so will make long story shorter. Iphone 7+ in case along with eight US bills and 6 post it notes to make up for extra depth of Iphone 8+ fits inside small Ghost Whale Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic. At first I didn't think there was any way I could get it to zip around the upper corner but there is some stretch to the material and playing with it for a while and pressing down on the top of the phone while zipping worked to loosen up the GW. I can zip case almost totally closed - zips just past the hanging attachment.
    It still takes a little effort to zip it around the corner - not sure if material would continue to stretch to make it easier.

My small GW 210 Ballistic in Coyote was too tight a fit to try to make it work. Didn't want to damage phone or GW for experiment purposes. The phone fit is tight enough in both cases that even if you just zipped up to the upper curve there is no way the phone would fall out. I do prefer the 525 Ballistic Nebulous Grey over the 210 Coyote. My iphone turned on when I put it in the 210 and I could see my screen saver through the fabric.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate all your efforts for an accurate trial! I can’t wait for my order to arrive tomorrow so I can try it myself.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmd3465 View Post
    I really appreciate all your efforts for an accurate trial! I can’t wait for my order to arrive tomorrow so I can try it myself.
    Let us know how it works out for you! I'm interested to hear how you like it in your Shop Bag.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.