Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water bottle with Luminary 15

I recently decided to swap out my tote bag for a backpack and settled on the L15 for EDC. Love, love this bag, except the water bottle issue. The inside sleeve doesn't work for me due to my A5 Roterfaden notebook/brain which goes with me everywhere. That plus a couple of pouches make the sleeve unusable. What are my options for hands-free water bottle carrying? I have an insulated Kleen Kanteen.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @rebcesarz and Welcome to the Forums!

I use 16oz Nalgene water bottles (that don't leak) so I can put them almost anywhere. Sometimes I use the internal water bottle zip sleeve and other times not - depends on what I'm carrying. I will often use the sleeve, but without zipping it up, if I'm carrying something that needs the full vertical height of the bag. That helps keep the bottle upright so it's easier for me to find & grab, but lets it wander around a little bit, making room for the tall stuff.
    Not sure if Kleen Kanteens are guaranteed leak proof - I've never owned one.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!! I guess my problem is that I want the bottle easily accessible rather than having to open the bag to get it. And I love this bottle so don't really want to change to something else.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebcesarz View Post
    Thank you!!! I guess my problem is that I want the bottle easily accessible rather than having our open the bag to get it. And I love this bottle so don't really want to change to something else.
    Hmmm, you could always use a carabiner to attach it to the top grab handle, but it would be swinging around a lot and would drive me batty...

The thing is, the Luminary is designed to have a sleek/no fuss exterior, so there's not much for lashing options...

Hopefully folks will chime in with some creative ideas.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second G42 above -- I never zip the water bottle sleeve. It will happily hold my water bottle without zipping, and I can shove it around to fit in the other stuff I carry on a daily basis (folding umbrella, Side Effect stuffed to the gills, 14" X1 Yoga Thinkpad, glasses case, sunglasses, collapsible silicone coffee cup and Chico shopping bag, all in the main compartment, which leaves a good bit of space at the top for other random thing I might need to carry). You will gain some space in the interior if you don't fill up the side pockets but I do with bits and bobs, most stored in Ghost Whale pouches. The L15 is a brilliant EDC, in my opinion!