Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to wash Laundry Packing Cubes?

I know for bags it's generally recommended to hand wash using a mild dish soap. Should the laundry packing cubes be washed the same way? Or can these be put in the washing machine (i.e. in a delicates bag)?
    Last edited by Action; 06-30-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @action and Welcome to the Forums!

The FAQ for cleaning is here:

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq25

Basically, hand wash/soak with mild detergent, don't put in washing machine unless you're willing to void the warranty.
    So far, I've used this method for the TB new laundry cubes.

Separately, I have some Eagle Creek Specter cubes (that I'm willing to abuse) that I use for my gym stuff which gets pretty sweaty. Those I throw into the machine with some cold/gentle things, but it is abusive to the seams - I've had to do some restitching.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    If you don't mind voiding the warranty and plan to put them in the washing machine, I agree that a delicates bag is the way to go. For my Eagle Creek Specter cubes, that's how I do it. Leave all the zippers on the packing cubes unzipped.

For the Tom Bihn Packing Cube Shoulder Bags, I use a mild soap. I mix the soap and water in a small bowl. Then I dip a rag into the bowl and gently wipe the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag down. Next I dip a new clean rag in plain water and wipe the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag again. Allow it to air dry. When it's dry, you may want to apply Nikwax for waterproofing. elisa