Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiking poles attached to a synapse?

Was thinking of doing some day hikes with my Synapse 19 (or 25) as I can’t seem to lay my hands on a Guide’s Pack.

I guess I can tie my hiking poles with a quick release strap to the loop on the bottom of the bag and similarly through the grab handle at the top?

Does anyone have any clever tricks for attaching hiking/walking poles? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Perseffect!

There are hiking poles that break down to a fairly compact size (40 cm for some from LEKI), and they will fit in both the Synapse 19 and 25. Would carrying them inside the Synapse work?

Edit: Also, take a look at this thread to see how you could attach trekking poles to the outside of your Synapse.
    Last edited by maverick; 07-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiking poles attached to a synapse?

Take a small carabiner and attach the trekking pole straps to the webbing top handle. And yes, a strap through the bottom loop would stabilize them and keep them quiet.

Last edited by DWSeattle; 07-11-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both. And great to hear from you @Maverick. Unfortunately I purchased a ‘value’ pair of Leki’s that don’t fold so compact. So won’t go in the bag itself. Going to try some creative ways to strap them to the outside based on the suggestions.

Unless anyone has a Guide Pack they want to part with (hint, hint)?

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)