Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And oh, I love the O ring placements. They are all just right, in all the right places!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you like your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    The water bottle compartment has a gusset (is that how you call/spell it), which I appreciate, but my thermos is made of metal too and if I don't put it in gently... it makes a clink sound. I'm (probably unnecessarily) worried that it will scratch the thermos and reduce its thermal-keeping powers.
    "Gusset" is the right spelling, but I think the word you want there is "grommet" or "eyelet." I don't think it's likely to scratch your bottle, but I have a couple of ideas for you: you could get a "boot" for your bottle, or you could keep a scrap of cloth in the bottom of that pocket so the bottle and the metal eyelet wouldn't touch each other.

The bad news is I did not get enough Ghost Whale Pouches. Grrrr...
    At least that's fixable!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The water bottle compartment has a gusset (is that how you call/spell it), which I appreciate, but my thermos is made of metal too and if I don't put it in gently... it makes a clink sound. I'm (probably unnecessarily) worried that it will scratch the thermos and reduce its thermal-keeping powers.
    Congrats on the new CP, glad you're enjoying it.

Unless you actually rupture the thermos (which shouldn't be possible with a grommet), you shouldn't be affecting the thermal properties.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I'm glad you like your choice!

"Gusset" is the right spelling, but I think the word you want there is "grommet" or "eyelet." I don't think it's likely to scratch your bottle, but I have a couple of ideas for you: you could get a "boot" for your bottle, or you could keep a scrap of cloth in the bottom of that pocket so the bottle and the metal eyelet wouldn't touch each other.

At least that's fixable!
    I should have googled that word! I remember it was a "G" word. Gusset is totallly out of context LOL... I just typed something out really quickly as you know, using my new CP is in tow...

A boot is a good idea. I wonder why it doesn't come with one. My other thermos (fatter and shorter) has a boot.

International shipping is hefty... In addition I traveled the way to self collect it once it cleared customs because they are well known to miss the first delivery (I always had to request a second delivery, but I didn't want to this time) they deliver to offices fine but not residential.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if a 13inch iPad pro can fit in the back pocket of the co pilot?

Amiens, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CoPilot - input appreciated!

Hi
    Yes, the 2018 version (with FaceID) fits without problem provided it is protected with a slim case.

The first and second gen versions are too long, though.
    Last edited by Fabrice; 08-15-2019 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Clarification added about iPad versions

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thank you - I really want a co-pilot, and this is another reason to get one. I'm not crazy about the look of the co-pilot but I love how functional it could be as my personal carry on bag for headphones, i-pad, documents, snack etc.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would the iPad pro 12.9 fit into the copilot

Amiens, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xracer4844 View Post
    wow thank you - I really want a co-pilot, and this is another reason to get one. I'm not crazy about the look of the co-pilot but I love how functional it could be as my personal carry on bag for headphones, i-pad, documents, snack etc.
    I love my CP because everything is always easy to access. It's followed me daily over the last 5 years at home and abroad. An S19 is on its way to me now because my daily load increased recently, and that made a cross body bag less comfortable to use for longer periods of time.

I see that you mention that you will use it for documents. Please note that A4 papers will just fit in the main compartment - binders, folders... any other bulky protection for the documents will not. It's never been a problem for me because I went mostly paperless thanks to the iPad and I just folded the few print outs that I needed and kept them in an OP.

Amiens, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdophoto View Post
    would the iPad pro 12.9 fit into the copilot
    Greetings

The latest 12.9 iPad Pro (with FaceID) will fit in the Co-Pilot provided it is not protected by too bulky a case.

The first and second generation versions (the ones with TouchID) will not fit due to the device's larger chin and forehead.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have carried a few days now. I thought to add that being a sling, its really not suitable to carry heavy loads even though it fits into the bag. I'm a petite lady here, so YMMV. I like the handle though. I switch to the handle when it is heavier, aka a filled 750ml water bottle

The strap that come with CP is heavy and warm to use, I perspired during a test carry. It might be the weather, YMMV. So I switched out the strap for optech mini and CP becomes more enjoyable to use.

I have a S19 in cordura, and it can certainly carry heavier loads being a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest insights on my new CP: https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post179889

My current biggest gripe is my wallet. When I used SE, I didn't need to take anything out I just unzip and voila, my cards/money is there in an organizer pouch. But now with CP, it's not as convenient to pull cards/money out when I need to. Still trying to figure a way about it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping in here (hope thatís ok @Chill) - I am also looking at getting the co-pilot as a EDC of the essentials for travel. I took my A30 away with a tiny leather crossbody bag and it drove me nuts having to open the A30 (carries as a backpack) to often get out something I needed. Iíd like the co pilot to carry water bottle, phone (big plus sized thing), wallet, passports (when lucky enough to be going overseas) plus a few snacks (have two kids so must carry snacks at all times) and occasionally an iPad and/or 12 inch MacBook.

Would that all fit in there?

Sorry if Iím breaking any posting etiquette rules by asking this on someone elseís thread....

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    Sorry if I’m breaking any posting etiquette rules by asking this on someone else’s thread....
    That's what the Forum is for, to encourage this type of sharing and dialogue - your post isn't off topic for a thread about Co-Pilots
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    Bumping in here (hope that’s ok @Chill) - I am also looking at getting the co-pilot as a EDC of the essentials for travel. I took my A30 away with a tiny leather crossbody bag and it drove me nuts having to open the A30 (carries as a backpack) to often get out something I needed. I’d like the co pilot to carry water bottle, phone (big plus sized thing), wallet, passports (when lucky enough to be going overseas) plus a few snacks (have two kids so must carry snacks at all times) and occasionally an iPad and/or 12 inch MacBook.

Would that all fit in there?

Sorry if I’m breaking any posting etiquette rules by asking this on someone else’s thread....
    I don't mind it!

CP looks big for an EDC initially, but I've carried for about 2 weeks and it doesn't look that big anymore. I think it's a comfortable-looking size on me. And I get to carry more stuff than a "big purse" (my previous EDC was SE).

I know how it feels having to keep reaching into the backpack, that's why I chose a sling this time and CP has the organization that I crave.

It can swallow the stuff you listed. Some things to point out, first the snack - the size and shape of the container will matter with CP. If you opt for maker's bag or the medium cafe bag then I think they are more forgiving. CP compartments are "flatter" due to the compartmentalization. So it depends on the shape and size of the box you pack your snack in.

Secondly the water bottle - this may make CP quite heavy to carry for long-distances (this might just be me). You may consider using the water bottle compartment for snacks instead.

If you have a macbook and/or ipad in the main compartment then your snack likely will need to fit in the front compartments. @aedifica posted the dimensions of the front pockets, which will be helpful for estimating if your snackbox will fit. Link is https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post178385

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Chill; 08-25-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3