Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    82
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Best Persona Item to pair with a Tristar

    I love my tristar its been my main bag since it was released
    I always struggle a bit with the personal item bag choice.
    I use to carry a messenger style camera bag but now my camera equipment has been reduced a lot since I am now using a mirrorless system.

    What is a good bag that works well with the tristar as a second bag

  2. #2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,540
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdophoto View Post
    What is a good bag that works well with the tristar as a second bag
    How do you carry your TS now? Backpack or handle/shoulder? That will probably impact how you want to carry your second bag....backpack or shoulder/crossbody/handle...

    The Luminaries, Synapses, and Syniks can fit under the seat - depending on how fully packed they are and type of plane... the S25 & SN30 would be the most problematic if packed full on a small plane.

    For non-backpacks, pretty much all the Shop Bags, Maker's Bag, Cafe Bags, Ristretto, Cadet, Pilot, Co-Pilot make good secondary bags under the seat, etc.

    What type of stuff do you want to carry?
    Last edited by G42; 08-05-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    82
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to carry it as a shoulder bag but the past year I have switched to backpack style as I find it a bit easier.

    What I am thinking of carrying in the personal item would be my smallmirrorless camera a few lenses and accessories, some cables, various small items, 3-1-1 bag and having a bit of room left over to bring a few things if I bought them.

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,540
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdophoto View Post
    I use to carry it as a shoulder bag but the past year I have switched to backpack style as I find it a bit easier.

    What I am thinking of carrying in the personal item would be my smallmirrorless camera a few lenses and accessories, some cables, various small items, 3-1-1 bag and having a bit of room left over to bring a few things if I bought them.
    Depending on the actual volume and organization you prefer then, I would try the Luminary 15 or Synapse 19.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  5. #5
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    236
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a GES25 as main bag so kind of the tri-star (but as backpack only)

    As personal item, I use either a non-TB purse like bag (which holds my mirrorless camera)
    or a shop bag (not a TB one, but I would like one x)) (then my purse like bag with camera is attached inside my GSE25)

    If I have to use a full TB solution, I would use Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (with some added protection if it carries a camera) or Zip-Top Shop Bag

    BTW side effect or side kick would work too for mirrorless camera
    Last edited by Rei; 08-06-2019 at 02:09 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

  6. #6
    Forum Member DWSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    65
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backpack style carry on the Tristar plus any of the crossbody/shoulder bags suited for what you want to carry.

    My favorite du jour is the Daylight Briefcase. It makes a good boarding bag and just enough for an urban day bag. I've used larger bags, but the briefcase carries as much as will be comfortable to haul all day. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is a smaller, minimalist alternative. The Cafe bags are good too, but don't zip shut.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Backpack style carry on the Tristar plus any of the crossbody/shoulder bags suited for what you want to carry.

    My favorite du jour is the Daylight Briefcase. It makes a good boarding bag and just enough for an urban day bag. I've used larger bags, but the briefcase carries as much as will be comfortable to haul all day. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is a smaller, minimalist alternative. The Cafe bags are good too, but don't zip shut.
    +1 for the DLBC. It can pack inside the Tristar on shorter trips or hold lots of stuff while you put the tristar on your back. I also really like the co-pilot if you donít need to put a laptop in it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    82
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks
    I do need to ensure the large iPad pro fits. not that I will always have it in there because sometimes it might be in my partners bag.
    I love the look of the dlbc and the co pilot.
    there is a huge price difference between the two. I just don't know how much you can really put in both of those bags. The copilot looks like it might hold a bit more.

  9. #9
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,540
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdophoto View Post
    thanks
    I do need to ensure the large iPad pro fits. not that I will always have it in there because sometimes it might be in my partners bag.
    I love the look of the dlbc and the co pilot.
    there is a huge price difference between the two. I just don't know how much you can really put in both of those bags. The copilot looks like it might hold a bit more.
    The CP is 10L and the DLBC is 8L...

    The price difference is mostly driven by complexity - the CoPilot is a more complicated bag in terms of the pockets, features, sewing...
    So when you consider them, think of the volume you need, how that volume is sub-divided, and the type of built-in organization you would use.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •