Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Freudian Slip in Medium Cafe Bag

I have a medium cafe bag (MCB), and am pondering whether or not to purchase a medium freudian slip (slip) to use in the MCB.

I like to carry my iPad Air, in its own folio-style cover, in my MCB when out and about. I'm wondering:

1. Would an iPad Air, in its own case, fit in this Slip?

2. Do you have to pull the whole Slip out of the bag to add or remove items from the Slip?

3. Does the Slip eat up all or most of the room in the MCB main compartment?

Forum Member
    Pollock Pines, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Not sure, but if it doesn't it should fit alongside it.
    2. It's pretty easy to get things in and out without removing it from the bag.
    3. The FS alone does not take up the whole cafe bag by any means, but it comes down to how loaded it is. Some people use one of the pockets for a water bottle for instance, you might not fit much around that. The slip alone is 1", the bag holds 3-4" in width. I find it's pretty easy to stuff it to fill the bag but I'm a pack rat.
    Side note, I have found that the mcb fs and the sidekick hold the same items neatly. (But I carry a kindle fire 8, which fits both. The ipad air may not fit in either but as I said it should fit in the mcb.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a medium Cafe Bag, and my iPad fits nicely into it. My iPad has an approx. 9.5" diagonal screen; outside dimensions, in its case, are 7 x 9.5" (approx.). It leaves plenty of room in the bag for other "stuff".

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the website says the MCB FS is 11.3x10.4, I'd guess that the iPad case would fit in the zippered compartment on the back side of the FS, although it might cause the FS to bulge a bit (depending on its thickness), and that it would fit handily in the open top fabric pocket.