Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a co-pilot due to be delivered tomorrow. I hope to use it as a EDC (in place of a briefcase) and a personal item on planes.

I'll have to see how it looks tomorrow - I'm concerned about it being too large for daily use. I really like the idea of the SK, but as a guy, I felt it was too purse-like to use.

I may end up returning the CP and just getting an S19 which could be used in most of my CP scenarios anyway.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too! I ordered both nordic halcyon and navy 525 ballistic for comparison. Same planned usage, in lieu of a Waterfield airporter that is bigger than I need in this particular case (and doesn't collapse down very much), and a Red Oxx micro manager, which is great, but too stiff and structured. I felt I needed something smaller and more collapsible, even though I'm not really a fan of all the pockets and the lack of a full width interior sleeve. Did not want a backpack, since I'll have an A45 on my back.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have an A45 in my order - but I may not keep it either. We got an A30 for my wife last week, and I wasn't sure if we should go with two A30s or an A30 + A45 combo.

I test packed the A30 this weekend and I couldn't believe how much it held. It'll really just depend on how big the A45 feels. I really like how compact and small the A30 is.

But you make a good point - an S19 would make backpack mode for either A30/45 a bit awkward.

I might just have to get the S19 in addition to the CP... just to cover my bases!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent back an A30 after test packing it. It absorbed everything I really needed, but I felt like I needed more leeway, since I was planning to pack a frameless pack, coats and other odds and ends into it. I liked the size too, but didn't feel great on my shoulders (not that I'm planning to carry it for long distances). I'm hoping the A45 hits a bit better.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Aaron and @ayazgood,

I found that the A45 sits more comfortably on my shoulders than the A30, which still confuses me. I do think I'll try an A30 again someday, though. Ooh, maybe the Aeronauts will get the new Edgeless straps! That would almost certainly get me to try an A30 again.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the Co-Pilot since the initial release and have found it to be the finest personal and EDC bag I have ever used! It does everything I ask of it, nobody has ever commented negatively against it nor have I ever been banned from bringing it anywhere I've traveled. The CP is simply a Great design!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am struggling between the copilot and pilot
    For in flight bag it should hold iPad Pro with keyboard case, travel documents, in flight items etc
    I would like it to hold a sony mirrorless camera and two lenses, gorilla pod as a day bag. In flight those items will be safely stored in my partners hershel backpack.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DLBC is my choice and as much as I want to carry all day cross body. It works very well for a carry on personal bag along with a "onebag" backpack carry on approach. You it could be used as a packing cube too.

I found myself carrying my day bag backpack over one shoulder for security, on and off buses and subways, taxis, etc--- so much that I might as well have a crossbody/shoulder bag anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2