Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dress shoes in cadet

When I take transit in the winter sometimes I have my dress shoes (size 10 mens) in my bag. Would these fit in a cadet with a lunch bag and a few other assorted things or am I better off going the backpack route (prefer the look of a shoulder bag).

Thanks

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they would work as long as you weren't needing a lot of space for assorted things

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cadet is a very FLAT briefcase. I'm not sure it would fit shoes or a lunch bag. I bought a Pilot instead of a Cadet because it is deeper, but you may prefer a backpack to carry both those items as I don't think they'd fit in a Pilot, either.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    The Cadet is a very FLAT briefcase. I'm not sure it would fit shoes or a lunch bag. I bought a Pilot instead of a Cadet because it is deeper, but you may prefer a backpack to carry both those items as I don't think they'd fit in a Pilot, either.
    Of course it depends on the size of he lunch box, but most lunch boxes/bags will fit. It’s flat but not very flat. It’s depth is 4.5” while pilot’s is 5.1”; but remember pilot is divided into two. In fact, my lunch box does not fit in pilot but fits in Cadet. Not sure about the shoes though. If the shoes can be flat, it may fit. But are you sure you want to carry your lunch bag with your shoes? I would consider a bag or backpack that has a separate shoes compartment.
    Last edited by gadgets; 08-26-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are women's size 8 dress shoes and men's size 7 Keen sandals in my cadet. Assuming one would have the shoes in the bottom (and they do make shoe bags that would not add really any bulk or weight) and the lunch in a bag or something - I don't think it would be impossible. I don't know how much larger a size 10 shoe is from a 7 in terms of inches -but there were a few inches to the side of the bag when I tried mine.
    Dress shoes in cadet-img_1886-jpgDress shoes in cadet-img_0031-jpg

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Winston19,

My guess is that a Maker's Bag would work better for your contents (6.9" depth instead of 4.5"). I do know that the Synik 22 can carry Men's size 10.5 (US) Sperry Topsiders in the bottom, in a backpack option.

Men's dress shoes tend to be rather stiff, so the Cadet wouldn't be my first choice in terms of its design -- unless you have other reasons for needing that particular briefcase style. My guess would be that you'd probably end up stacking the men's dress shoes one on top of another because of the width constraint. If you don't want to carry much more in the bag, it might work.

HTH

moriond

ETA: I looked up an estimate of shoe length for US men's size 10 on the web, and I got 10 9⁄16". I wouldn't take that as an exact measure, but use this as a ballpark figure.
    Last edited by moriond; 08-26-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the cadet would still be my choice. I have a maker's bag but I like the cadet a lot better andI think the shoes and lunch would both fit. There is plenty of width even if you round a size 10 up to 11 inches long and in my testing, a soft sided lunch box fit just fine along with the shoes.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I think I will go with the Synik 19 especially since sometimes I need to bring more (computer, workout clothes etc)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston19 View Post
    When I take transit in the winter sometimes I have my dress shoes (size 10 mens) in my bag. Would these fit in a cadet with a lunch bag and a few other assorted things or am I better off going the backpack route (prefer the look of a shoulder bag).

Thanks
    I daily carry a cadet, and while I don't usually carry my dress shoes (I leave them at the office), my size 14 cole haans fit along with my lunch, my umbrella, and some other stuff. Gym wear would also fit, but the bag does "bulge" up.