Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ortlieb pannier + Freudian Slip?

Has anybody tried this combo? I switch between riding my bike to work and taking the train, and moving all my work accessories (papers, AC adapters, chargers) between my Synapse 25 and pannier gets tedious. I知 thinking I値l just get a Freudian Slip to move back and forth - has anybody tried this or something similar?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, for some reason I never thought of trying that! Which kind of Ortlieb pannier do you use? If it's a Racktime Work-It like mine, I can try out a couple of sizes of Freudian Slip in my own pannier and let you know which size fits well. (Assuming I remember where I left my pannier, since I haven't used it since before I moved--but I think I can find it.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, nice! I’ve got Bike-Packers, but if you try throwing one (or a few) in I’d love to see pictures. I’ve never had a Freudian Slip before, so even just getting a sense of scale would be nice.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a really good idea. I have an S19 and matching Freudian Slip and never even thought of trying this. I have, however, just stuffed the entire S19 into my panniers, which works fine because I leave the Ortlieb on my bike and can take the S19 to my desk.

But you wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the organization of the outer pockets?

In a similar vein, I ride a Brompton to work now and I was thinking of putting my Pilot or Co-Pilot into my front-mounted bag, that way I can still use my beloved Tom Bihn products but still carry all the load on the bike.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a FS for a Medium Cafe Bag and swap it between a Daylight Briefcase and other bags packs. I put a luggage tag on the FS too, so it has my ID regardless. The measurements are all listed on the website so you can get and idea of fit. https://www.tombihn.com/products/freudian-slip