Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadet: hold laptop, Bose headphones, packing cube?

I'm considering buying a Cadet as I switch up my travelling style a bit.

I have a 15" 2015 Macbook Pro (retina) that I'd throw in the main compartment (no cache), and I wonder if someone could confirm if it'd depth-wise fit a Bose QC35 headphones case too (also in that main compartment)?

And, is there room for a Tri-star small or medium packing cube adjacent to the Bose headphones case?

Other than that my aim is to put the laptop charger and a Nalgene flask water bottle in the smaller front section.

Finally, anyone know if the very small front pocket holds a passport?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is late and you have probably already decided on a bag - but yes - the bose headphones case/macbook 15in and a packing cube (I don't have a TB one but I have a 14x10 that works well) will all fit easily. And the little tiny pocket will fit the passport but it has to be tucked under the zipper. It zips fine once it is in

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I haven't bought it yet, waiting for the colours I want to be ready at the factory. But do plan to.

Sounds like the small pocket is very similar in size to the small in the Synapse 25.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What color are you waiting for? I use my cadet a lot...you will like it!
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black and island Smilie

I used to onebag with a tri-star, and have a Synapse 25 for my daily, and overnight trips. Got an Away carry-on though as it's better for bulky things like extra shoes than the tri-star is, and is still easy enough. And I don't have a big backpack to carry.

So, will likely switch out the Synapse for the Cadet to use with the Away for business trips. And might sell the tri-star since it now seems limited in its use... Could use for shorter term travel, 3 nights or so, but at that point it's not much extra effort to use the Away+Cadet, and I no longer need to carry anything on my back in the airport.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only think about the Cadet that I didnít like was how poorly the luggage passthru worked. My bag would constantly twist on the luggage handle. That said, I bought my Cadet in 2015 and it looks like there was a redesign since then.