Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ink stain on the interior of my S25

Hi guys,

I've got what looks like an ink stain on the interior of the bottom pocket of my S25. Not sure how it actually happened, since I don't keep pens in that pocket.

Any ideas on how best to clean it off?

Thanks!

Ink stain on the interior of my S25-img_20190922_164833-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, a pity to mar such a lovely interior!

It looks like a funny color for ink. Is it sticky? What does it smell like? Could it be soy sauce or some other food-based substance? Try some mild liquid dish soap first - put just a drop on directly (on the dry surface), let it sit, rinse with warm water.

If that doesn't work - I rubbed Buncha Farmers stain stick on some mystery spots on the outside of my Luminary. Allowed it to sit then scrubbed very gently with an old toothbrush, rinsed off, repeated the process twice. The Luminary exterior is 525 ballistic, not Halcyon as your interior is, but the Buncha stick seemed benign enough and worked to remove most of the marks.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's an ink stain, check out Amodex Ink and Stain Remover. Their website gives stain solutions that might help you.

https://www.amodexink.com/stain-solutions/

Here's a thread that gives other suggestions for getting out stains. Let us know if you are able to get it out.

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...t-3d-cube.html
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give them a shot and see if I can get that stain out.

@haraya it's fairly unlikely it's soy sauce or the like, I don't keep food in my S25. Still have no idea what it is, and how it got there in the first place.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it just hitchhiked on something that you set down on a table, and then it transferred when you put your gear into your bag.

Best of luck working on that mark!

Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give them a shot and see if I can get that stain out.

@haraya it's fairly unlikely it's soy sauce or the like, I don't keep food in my S25. Still have no idea what it is, and how it got there in the first place.
    Last edited by haraya; 09-22-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular dish soap and Dr Bronner's liquid castile soap didn't work. I'm going to look for a stain remover in stores (I don't live in the US, so no Amazon for me).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the liberal application of Clorox stain remover, and LOTS of elbow grease with a soft cloth, the spot is gone. It looks like there's still some faint signs of the ink, but I can live with that for now.

Thankfully, the 210 ballistic seems no worse for wear. I might repeat the process with the stain remover and an old toothbrush, but I think I'll let the fabric rest for now.