Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Cafe Bag -- big enough for music scores?

Hello,

For work I carry around a few music scores, typically 9.25" wide by 12.25 inches high, and also a 3 ring binder, 10" by 11.5". I have a Large Cafe Bag I found on ebay, it's great of course and everything fits, but the material is kind of floppy. So, (totally addicted to Tom Bihn bags), I've been staring at the Medium Cafe Bags in all those beautiful sturdy ballistic colors, wondering if they'd be big enough and if I could rationalize another purchase. I figure not, but thought I'd check to see if anyone carries around the same size stuff.

Thank you!

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the MCB is officially 10.6 by 12.2 (by 3) inches, I think each of those items should fit in the main compartment, although the flap may press down on the top edge of the scores. Depending on the thickness of the items, there may not be much leftover space.

The outer back pocket should hold a score without pressure from the flap, but the paper would be exposed to the elements.

EDIT: by the way: welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by x3n0n; 09-23-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'll ponder.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cafe has no structure, just floppy material. You can add a sheet of something stiff to the rear pocket but you may wish to place
    Valuable papers in a folder.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on the thickness of the binder and the music score bundle, it may be a tight fit. I tried with a 1” binder that fits well, but 1.5” binder was tight (width) with not much more room but a few sheets of paper should fit. How about DLBC? I use DLBC more often than MCB. It zips up securely and gives relatively a better protection in case you’re caught in rain; you don’t want your paper get wet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of room! I always have trouble uploading photos here, so not sure the 3 I just tried to attach did so. I fit 2 1-inch binders, the Galamian edition of Bach 6 sonatas/partitas, and my over-ear earbuds case, which is a good inch thick by itself, and there's room for more!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Plenty of room! I always have trouble uploading photos here, so not sure the 3 I just tried to attach did so.
    Your photos didn't attach. They need to be less than 1MB each I believe...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Your photos didn't attach. They need to be less than 1MB each I believe...
    Yeah, I always forget to shrink them... hang on!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go:

Medium Cafe Bag -- big enough for music scores?-20191001_150114-copy-jpg

Medium Cafe Bag -- big enough for music scores?-20191001_143512-copy-jpg

Medium Cafe Bag -- big enough for music scores?-20191001_143453-copy-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I forgot to include the 2 one-inch binders in the photo (they were inside the cafe bag)!

Medium Cafe Bag -- big enough for music scores?-20191001_143617-copy-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for these photos. It's very nice to see Bach in a Tom Bihn Bag. I carry him around a lot too, in my old Large Cafe Bag. So, I'm realizing I have the perfect bag already -- which is not to say that I won't find some other excuse to look at the Medium. Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help!