Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Pop tote mods?

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop tote mods?

Hi, so I got my second TB bag, a lovely Aubergine pop tote, a gift (selected by me) from my stepmother. I'd like to add a bit of removable interior organisation -- the interior O-rings don't allow me to usefully hang a pocket bag (like a side kick or side effect sized one), which I'd like to do. I've been thinking about hanging some loops on the snaps, or maybe making grommeted tabs with o-rings on them that you could put over the snap studs on the inside. Has anyone modded their pop tote and if so how? I do know that you can put a Freudian slip in but I'm not ordering again for a long while so...

Thanks!

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone figures out how to mod the pop tote to add a crossbody strap, please let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my PT about 18 months. When I first got it, I used some Velcro tape to attach a tiny bag to an inside wall to act as a side pocket, because I was used to a PLO having at least one or two pockets. Gradually, I realized the bag was telling me how to carry it, that the built in organization was what it needed to be, and I just needed to listen and learn. The added pocket was unnecessary and just in the way.

So, I suggest carrying it a while before you do anything drastic. You can always find organizer inserts on Etsy, etc., but you might find little bags and pouches work fine. Better than fine. Awesome!

Colorado Springs
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @melminimalist. This is my ongoing issue with Pop Tote, Shop Bags, Big/Little Swift. I’m tall, and those short strap lengths are painful under my arms. Argh! I’ve wondered if two large grommets on either side of the bag would allow for a strap with 2 lobster hooks. I’d really, really love a Swift with shoulder straps that worked for me.
    Last edited by TavaPeak; 09-23-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the "stuff everything in" quality which is perfect for lunches and sweaters, and I bought it primarily as a lunch-and-sweater-and-toy bag for when I travel with my A30, so it fulfils that function very admirably. I've clipped my home-made pocket pouch (which I use as a wallet), and I've also clipped on keys and a small stuff sack with electronic chargers, and a small shopping bag in a pouch. You may be right that I don't need much more.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @melminimalist Well - for a cross-body strap, I think I would either clip a strap to the O-rings near the main zipper in the unzipped outer pockets or, better, sew a loop of black webbing either just under where the zipper opening ends or on the upper edge of the outside pocket above the zipper. The latter would be nicer in terms of looking more finished but would block the pocket; the former might carry slightly funny. but both would be do-able, and not hard. Then get a couple of triangle gatekeeper clips, I can't remember what they are called, the ones they use in the side effect or side kick, and attach them on.