Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaching a frame sheet to the Western Flyer

I couldn't find any demonstrations of this in the forums, but saw some references that it is possible. Has anyone done this and used it intensively? Looking at this as an option to try before a 16-day one-bag trip next month.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    I couldn't find any demonstrations of this in the forums, but saw some references that it is possible. Has anyone done this and used it intensively? Looking at this as an option to try before a 16-day one-bag trip next month.
    Hi @imperator,

I dont recall any posts reporting long term usage of frame sheets in travel bags like the Western Flyer or the Tri-Star, but Ill point you to one of my posts that answers some of these questions for the Tri-Star
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post177681

That points to an earlier post about using the frame sheets for the A30 and A45 in other travel bags like the Western Flyer and Tri-Star, and also with the Smart Alec. There are pictures of @maverick wearing the WF and Tri-Star with the frame in for the earlier linked post referenced there.

For the WF, youd slip the A30 frame sheet into the zippered pocket for the backpack straps. For the Tri-Star, youd either use the A45 frame sheet (which was uncomfortable for me, but Im just under 54) or the A30 frame sheet . Youll notice that @maverick mentions using the A30 frame sheet for the Tri-Star in the post #24 a few posts above the one I linked, but in the earlier posts on the debut day he demoed using the A45 frame sheet with his Tri-Star. So, I guess it might be either for the Tri-Star, again, placed in the zippered backpack pocket.

HTH,

moriond