Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Material in Zipper

Hi all. I've accidentally gotten some pieces of a paper towel stuck in the side pocket zipper of a new Synik 30. Since it's at the very bottom of the zipper region, I can't unzip it to remove the material (see images). Does anyone have suggestions for how to get the material out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with Material in Zipper-img_1163-jpeg  Help with Material in Zipper-img_1157-jpeg 

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a sharp tweezers or needle nose pliers help? Also, before attempting surgery, I would suggest shooting Tom Bihn customer service a direct email with this question.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These things do tend to work their way out over time, but some needle pointed tweezers might do the trick to help it along the way?
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @aja2488!

Definitely call the fine folks at Customer Service for advice

If it were mine, I'd take the opportunity to empty everything out and give it bath (soak according to the FAQ) if it's definitely a soft paper like TP or paper towel.
    Give the water time to soak the paper fibers into pulp and then gently work the zipper and use a sewing needle to pick out the bits. Just remember to pick it all out before it dries otherwise the pulp will dry into a hard little ball of starch & fibre.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the help, everyone! I'm glad it doesn't sound as dire as I originally thought. I'll look into soaking and pulling out the fibers with needle-point tweezers and giving the customer service folks a cal.