Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiff Kit and GoTubbs?

Does anyone currently have a regular Spiff Kit and the large size of HumanGear GoTubbs? Would you mind posting some pictures?

I'm curious how well they fit in the zippered upper pocket and lower divided pocket.
    My various solid/mostly solid toiletries fit perfectly in those tubs, but finding a toiletry kit that both fits the tubs and fits in my A30 without a serious amount of frustration is proving difficult.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both of these at home - I'll post a picture tonight!
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    I have both of these at home - I'll post a picture tonight!
    Awesome thank you so much. Itís hard to justify buying another toiletry kit when I already have two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it turns out my GoTubbs are mediums, not larges, but as the large is just a half inch wider in diameter than the medium, I hope this helps. Based on the height of the tubs (and even more so with the large), I think they fit better in the gusseted divided pockets on the bottom than the flat pocket on the top. Depending on how much other stuff you want to be hauling in your spiff kit would also be a factor. Large GoTubbs are pretty thick, so the things in the upper pocket will need to be on the flatter side.

What else do you want to carry with you? I might have other suggestions. Spiff Kit and GoTubbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow thank you so much for the very detailed pictures.

I don't yet have things nailed down for my toiletries bag, I'm still finding and collecting appropriately sized or shaped containers. Your pictures showing the medium GoTubbs definitely makes me re-think some things, because they fit the way I hoped the large size would.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Your pictures showing the medium GoTubbs definitely makes me re-think some things, because they fit the way I hoped the large size would.
    And depending on how long you're traveling, you may need a lot less product than you think. I try to take the minimum I need, not "how much can I fit?"

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. For a week or two, I usually travel with a variety of products in the small GoTubbs. That's been a sufficient amount for a shower every two or three days. I'm currently strategizing how I want to pack for a year-long trip where I might have only occasional access to the products I prefer, in which case I may have to carry enough for a month or more at a time. The large GoTubb fits the entirety of my solid shampoo bar, with should give me three months or so of shampoo.