Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Synik 30 photos in EDC use by taller folks?

I realize this is a really, really specific ask, but I figure if there's any place to check it'd be here. Big Grin

I'm very interested in the Synik 30 as a one-bag solution to a lot of my needs, but the photos of it online make it seem so…big, especially compared to the Synapse 25. That said, most photos I've seen show it used by people much shorter than I am (I'm 6' 2"); mostly empty, where its design causes it to splay out at the sides and look wider than it may be; or fully packed, where I won't care so much about how it appears.

I'm basically wondering how a S30 would look and feel as an everyday carry/day bag on my frame. Anyone out there with some evidence?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi rmedek, and welcome to the forums!

I am about your size (6') and I use the Synik 30 as my EDC and travelling bag now for almost three months. I hope to post some pics later but I can already tell you that the feel of the bag is fine! In direct comparison to the Synapse 25 I like the extra space as I sometimes like to pack my gym stuff in the morning or groceries on my way home which is much easier now with the extra 5 litres.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bartleby! I’m curious to see how the width fits you. I currently use a North Face Overhaul; it’s width sits right at a foot or so and feels perfect on me. I know the Synik says it’s 13” across but it appears so much wider than this.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some quick comparison shots to demonstrate the difference between the S25 and the Synik 30 (I also added them to my review of the Synik 30):

Here is the Synik 30 (navy Parapack), packed with my Macbook Air 11'' and some EDC stuff:

And here the S25, same stuff inside:

Hope that helps!
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is incredibly helpful, thanks! It’s interesting to see the side vs rear profiles. The Synik comes off as pretty massive from the rear but you can see how well it carries from the side.

The Synapse cuts a better profile but I know I can’t have my cake and eat it too. Smilie Clamshell loading and a 15” laptop is a big draw.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmedek View Post
    Clamshell loading and a 15” laptop is a big draw.
    It definitely is, especially when you have to carry a laptop regularly the dedicated compartment is a real asset.