Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Briefcase, Touch Bar MacBook pro?

Hello all!

Ive searched and searched and im hoping someone who could help with laptop fitment.

Im really digging the Daylight Briefcase, I want the slimmest messenger / briefcase that will fit my laptop. I have an Incase reform thats falling apart.

My laptop is the 15" Touch Bar 2019 MacBook Pro. I know the profile is smaller than most 13" ones.

Has anyone tried the Daylight with the newest gen 15" Touch Bar models?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrane View Post
    Hello all!

Ive searched and searched and im hoping someone who could help with laptop fitment.

Im really digging the Daylight Briefcase, I want the slimmest messenger / briefcase that will fit my laptop. I have an Incase reform thats falling apart.

My laptop is the 15" Touch Bar 2019 MacBook Pro. I know the profile is smaller than most 13" ones.

Has anyone tried the Daylight with the newest gen 15" Touch Bar models?
    Hi @ocrane,

Even though some 14” laptops fit in the Daylight Briefcase, the recent touchbar 15” MacBook Pros are still too wide to fit in. I’m a big fan of the Daylight Briefcase, so I wish there were something in the Tom Bihn product line that I could recommend with the same minimalist type of design for 15” laptops, but you’d have to move to options like the Cadet or Pilot, or else carry your laptop in one of the other messenger style bags that aren’t specifically designed with laptops in mind.

The only alternative that I know of that is similarly minimalist for the 15” Retina MacBook Pro is the Lanier Briefcase from Nock.co, but it doesn’t have the same organizational features as the DLBC, and also has no O-rings. I backed it as a Kickstarter project 3 years ago, I can say that the Briefcase is pretty much an exact fit to 15” rMB Pro, although it was designed for 14” laptops (and 13” laptops).

It’s so exact, that I used it to answer a question about the possible fit of 15” notebooks in the cache in the Synapse 19, because I didn’t have access to the 15” Cache at the time:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...apse-19-a.html

However, this bag has been sold out at Nock’s own web site for quite a while. It’s still available at Jet Pens with free shipping, and I think I’ve seen it at a few other sites that stock Nock’s pen cases and paper products in the UK, Canada, and elsewhere worldwide.

https://www.jetpens.com/Nock-Co.-Lan...-Lime/pd/21691

I’ll point you to the original Kickstarter page for more details:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ase-by-nock-co

Hope this helps, and sorry not to have a better answer for you,

moriond