Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will add this to the post so those who aren't as familiar with TB will know where I'm coming from and why I asked this question...

Yesterday I spent 2 hours clearing a 20-foot creek section on our property that recently got buried under a huge, fallen tree. I took our 5 month old, 70 lb Great Pyrenees / Lab puppy with me. I packed a leash for her (never know when we might spot something I don't want her messing with, like a bear or skunk, so I always carry along a leash if she's with me in the woods), my phone, and a few other small things inside a wasabi snake charmer. I hung the snake charmer on tree while I cleared the creek and dug out an adjacent trail that needed some upkeep. I looked up and noticed the snake charmer was missing and discovered that Curious Puppy had grabbed it off of the tree while I was working. I found it wet and dirty where she dragged it through the woods for a bit, probably tossing it about like a favorite toy. Then it started to rain so I took wet and muddy puppy & snake charmer back toward the house, stopping along with way to grab eggs from our coop. I also put 4 eggs in the snake charmer because hey, they fit and it worked. haha!

Fast forward to today. Snake charmer and puppy have dried, and after a light brushing off of both, they look brand new again! Sorry to say my phone isn't in as great of shape.

(Edited to add that I know everyone knows what a snake charmer looks like, but pictured is the culprit to the snake charmer's romp through the woods, before & after brushing.)
    Attached Images Attached Images Which fabrics are more durable for rugged, rural, outdoor (aka dirty) lifestyle?-puppytrouble-jpg  Which fabrics are more durable for rugged, rural, outdoor (aka dirty) lifestyle?-puppyclean-jpg 
    Last edited by Tonya; 10-30-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add photos

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally! And thank you. Embarrassment I figured that long-time TB fans know about the durability and longevity of TB gear, but just in case newbies wander by, I wanted them to have more info and not freak out that their bags would show "wear" right off the bat. It takes a lot to dent a Tom Bihn bag!!

(linking to a materials testing video that Darcy just shared elsewhere...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUAm...k#action=share

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    Absolutely! That's why I tried to keep this post and comments only about surface marks & dirt, not about rips, tears, piling, fabric failure, etc because that's not an issue that I've ever run across in ANY of my TB bags. I don't think this post is negative one bit, at least I hope not! Smilie I agree with you that TB products are among the most hard-working bags on the market, and I'm a huge fan because of that. (And the fact that they keep things here in the U.S. I try to support my country's economy and workers.)

I only asked about the various fabrics because we live a lifestyle that is much more rural and rugged than most, so I need a boost of durability and dirt repellant that would be overkill for most EDC bags. Btw your bags are lovely! I love them ALL!

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Totally! And thank you. Embarrassment I figured that long-time TB fans know about the durability and longevity of TB gear, but just in case newbies wander by, I wanted them to have more info and not freak out that their bags would show "wear" right off the bat. It takes a lot to dent a Tom Bihn bag!!
    Very very true! I'm not sure what it would take to dent a TB bag. Is that even possible??? Big Grin Just to clarify, I added a post above regarding something that happened yesterday to my Snake Charmer. Plus, I really enjoy any excuse to share photos of my precious puppy. haha! I appreciate your input!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - Whoa. Your 5-month-old puppy is reliable enough to have off-leash in the woods? Impressive! (Our 19-mo-old Samoyed won't even come in from the back yard! He isn't food-motivated so it's always been a bit of a challenge to train him.)

2- TB should update the product description: "Snake Charmer: holds four large eggs, or 3 jumbos." Wink

3 - Sorry about your phone! Did it get egg on it, or rain?

I will add this to the post so those who aren't as familiar with TB will know where I'm coming from and why I asked this question...

Yesterday I spent 2 hours clearing a 20-foot creek section on our property that recently got buried under a huge, fallen tree. I took our 5 month old, 70 lb Great Pyrenees / Lab puppy with me. I packed a leash for her (never know when we might spot something I don't want her messing with, like a bear or skunk, so I always carry along a leash if she's with me in the woods), my phone, and a few other small things inside a wasabi snake charmer. I hung the snake charmer on tree while I cleared the creek and dug out an adjacent trail that needed some upkeep. I looked up and noticed the snake charmer was missing and discovered that Curious Puppy had grabbed it off of the tree while I was working. I found it wet and dirty where she dragged it through the woods for a bit, probably tossing it about like a favorite toy. Then it started to rain so I took wet and muddy puppy & snake charmer back toward the house, stopping along with way to grab eggs from our coop. I also put 4 eggs in the snake charmer because hey, they fit and it worked. haha!

Fast forward to today. Snake charmer and puppy have dried, and after a light brushing off of both, they look brand new again! Sorry to say my phone isn't in as great of shape.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! What a cutie.

I see your muddy Pyrenees mix, and I raise you one incorrigible Samoyed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! What a cutie.

I see your muddy Pyrenees mix, and I raise you one incorrigible Samoyed!!
    Oh my, what a gorgeous pup! Heart Eyes About the off leash thing... we've had dogs all our lives but this is one of the most exceptional pups that we've ever had, no credit to me! It does help that she's verrrrry treat motivated and people oriented, so spending time with me when I have bits of dried liver in my pocket pretty much seals the deal. Also, we live on lots of acres so even if she does get the zoomies, she's still in our "yard." Big Grin

Btw, I think the SC can hold a lot more eggs; that was all I had in the coop at the moment but I think it could do double-duty as an egg basket. Maybe an egg test should be on the agenda???

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! What a cutie.

I see your muddy Pyrenees mix, and I raise you one incorrigible Samoyed!![
    Your pup looks like how little kids eating chocolate ice cream get it all over their face and hands - cracks me up!
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the pics with chocolate-covered kids, too! Big Grin This pup is a clown, and too smart for his own good. He keeps us on our toes!

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Your pup looks like how little kids eating chocolate ice cream get it all over their face and hands - cracks me up!
    Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is lovely! She looks more like the Lab side of her heritage right now but amazing that she's already 70 lbs. at five months! Ours is only 45 lbs although some Sams get to be 80-100 lbs. Hope to see more pics of her as she grows!! (you know, while she takes more TB bags for woodland romps!)

Oh my, what a gorgeous pup! Heart Eyes About the off leash thing... we've had dogs all our lives but this is one of the most exceptional pups that we've ever had, no credit to me! It does help that she's verrrrry treat motivated and people oriented, so spending time with me when I have bits of dried liver in my pocket pretty much seals the deal. Also, we live on lots of acres so even if she does get the zoomies, she's still in our "yard." Big Grin

Btw, I think the SC can hold a lot more eggs; that was all I had in the coop at the moment but I think it could do double-duty as an egg basket. Maybe an egg test should be on the agenda???

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2