Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Munich, Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Could I cram a 15" MacBook Pro into the Synik 22's main compartment?

I occasionally need to commute with a 2017 15" MacBook Pro with Touchbar. I really like the size of the Synik 22 and I don't want to get a larger bag (not even the Synapse 25) just for an item I will not carry often.

I know the 15" MacBook won't fit into the laptop area of the Synik, but can I fit it into the big main compartment (no Cache, just the laptop) and still zip it shut?

Forum Member
    Munich, Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can answer my own question: yes. According to this review, which includes a photo, the 15" MacBook will just fit into the main compartment.

I would still love to hear if anyone has personal experience with this. Does it zip closed easily? Does it seem like there is a lot of stress being put on the bag or zippers?
    Last edited by Ellsass; 10-27-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
    I can answer my own question: yes. According to this review, which includes a photo, the 15" MacBook will just fit into the main compartment.
    That's my review! As I noted, it's not recommended by the TB crew because it will stress the zippers - the fabric has to shape around the MBP and it won't be good for it long term, but for an "every once in a while" use case I think it would be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add another experience regarding the bigger macbook and this bag. I use my Synik 22 (ballistic) with thew 2019 16" Macbook Pro in the main compartment and an Ipad pro 10.5 in the padded section for travel. The fitment is fine and it doesn't stretch or stress the sides (but would rest a bit on the edges when upright), but the laptop has almost no protection on the corners, so be careful if you like to ever drop your bag on the floor. Unsure if this would be a bigger factor with other fabrics. I find this fine for travel or a couple of days a month, but risky to the laptop for daily use in this way. There's probably about 0.25" of space on the edges total (ie top or bottom but not both simultaneously) if you wanted to protect the corners with something in a pinch. I didn't much of an issues pulling the laptop out out or putting it back if I use packing cubes in the main compartment even when bag was fully stuffed. Could I cram a 15" MacBook Pro into the Synik 22's main compartment?-img_1491-jpeg

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, @skeelo34, and thanks for such an informative and helpful response!