Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    Well... I pulled the trigger on a mini yeoman in burnt orange! Let’s hope it’s as nice in person as in pictures!Big Grin
    Im happy they are still using 1050b on this product.

Chris D.
    They will as long as they still have other bags in 1050d. I'm curious whether we're going to see some 525d Yeomans in the future. Not sure that's a good fit... So the question is, will the end of 1050d be the end of the YD? Or maybe it will only be available in black, if Black 1050d will continue to be an option.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    They will as long as they still have other bags in 1050d. I'm curious whether we're going to see some 525d Yeomans in the future. Not sure that's a good fit... So the question is, will the end of 1050d be the end of the YD? Or maybe it will only be available in black, if Black 1050d will continue to be an option.
    I talked with customer service about 3 days ago with the same inquiry. In short I was told the yeoman's would only be 1050d, the 3 colors to likely stay in 1050d would be black, steel, and navy, and the 1050d colors such as coyote, aubergine, burnt orange, verde, etc would end. Another thread "1050d to 525d disappointment"(?) did have a response from Darcy stating 1050d black would stay for aeronauts based on feedback and the future potential of a "bluesign certified" 1050d may appear.

You can have any color you want as long as it is black.
    Last edited by organicfarmer; 11-07-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: word

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    From previous comments the TB folks have made, apparently black is the most popular colour choice... if you look at the options listed the larger bags, there's usually multiple choices for black and then everything else.
    Maybe the folks liking the other colours are just more vocal
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked with customer service about 3 days ago with the same inquiry. In short I was told the yeoman's would only be 1050d, the 3 colors to likely stay in 1050d would be black, steel, and navy, and the 1050d colors such as coyote, aubergine, burnt orange, verde, etc would end. Another thread "1050d to 525d disappointment"(?) did have a response from Darcy stating 1050d black would stay for aeronauts based on feedback and the future potential of a "bluesign certified" 1050d may appear.

Thanks for sharing, that’s good to know! I’m doubly glad I ordered the Coyote YD now. And I’m glad to hear Steel might be sticking around, I love Steel. I never once regretted getting my RB36 in Steel. It’s just the perfect neutral to me, works with everything and is more interesting than black. And I love the green tint of the grey.

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    From previous comments the TB folks have made, apparently black is the most popular colour choice... if you look at the options listed the larger bags, there's usually multiple choices for black and then everything else.
    That makes sense! I like black, and black ballistic looks nice. But I personally would always pick a color over black if it’s a color I love.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick picture in bad light, but here it is. It arrived today and I’m going to put it to use as soon as tomorrow. I’m taking it together with my Original Halcyon SCB for an overnighter. It’s so cute, like a little infant duffel bag. Wink

Mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips?-714ec7e1-2060-49c3-9c92-06e58b75a066-jpeg

I’ll try to take some decent packing pictures in daylight next weekend. Smilie

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t wait to see pics! They are great little bags.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    My first TB purchase was a black S25 for the sole reason it was a safe choice as black can only be black. Mars Red (not available at that time) can be orangish to fire truck red in varying light conditions to varying people's color spectrum. Since then, the organizers and small bags I ordered are a wider array of colors and I have learned TB makes good choices of fabric colors in the colors I like. What color will my next bag purchase of aeronauts be? They will be black. I live in the mindset that black travel bag would be easier to resell or swap compared others if I ever do that. (The TB collection will occupy too much space in my house before long if I am not careful) My comment about only choice is black was a quote from Henry Ford about the Model T Ford and assembly line production.

A hope I have when we see only 2 or 3 Yeoman color choices would be an Extra Large Yeoman (30x17x15 more or less) to join the lineup. Fitting to 62 inch (L+W+H) for airline checked luggage, but also for light, bulky loads to carry or store.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My comment about only choice is black was a quote from Henry Ford about the Model T Ford and assembly line production.
    Totally got the quote Smilie

Just thought folks might find it useful to know that black is the most popular colour since it's usually the other colours that get talked about the most
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    Well... I pulled the trigger on a mini yeoman in burnt orange! Letís hope itís as nice in person as in pictures!Big Grin
    Im happy they are still using 1050b on this product.

Chris D.

Well...just received notice my mini yeoman has been delayed! UPS had a mechanical breakdown. The wait continuesSmirk
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I test packed the mini YD and posted some pictures here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2