Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips?

Iím thinking of getting a mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips (maximum of two nights). I have a RB36 which I love, but itís quite big for trips like that. I was thinking the small YD wasnít enough of a difference size wise to the RB36, so I was thinking either the mini or nothing. I could use my DLBP for weekend trips, but I prefer to have it for my personal stuff only and have my clothes in an extra bag. Seems like the NFTD wonít be coming back soon, so I wondered whether the YD might not be a nice alternative. Somehow I never paid attention to the Yeomans, but the mini looks pretty cute. If you you have a Mini YD, to you mind the lack of organisation? I would suspect it doesnít matter as much in a bag of this size, right? And if you have a mini YD, which packing cubes do you use? I was thinking of getting it in Coyote, especially knowing that the 1050d might not be available a lot longer. From what Iíve seen in pictures the 1050d coyote looks nicer than the 525d coyote.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the mini yeoman in aubergine. I use eagle creek packing cubes in small. I went on a 6 day trip with it. It held all my clothes easily. By the way the mini yeoman is almost the same size as the DLBP.

I say go for the mini. You won’t be disappointed.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yes, I saw that it’s fairly similar to the DLBP in size. That’s why I know that it shouldn’t be too small for my purpose, I could pack everything for a weekend into the DLBP if necessary (I just don’t want to). I think I would prefer the RB36 for six days though...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the mini in Verde. It is super cute and a perfect size for your use case.
    1050 coyote is beautiful, highly recommended!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I have placed an order. I’m looking forward to the Coyote. Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Thanks - I have placed an order. Iím looking forward to the Coyote. Smilie
    Great choice! I have a Mini YD in Coyote and used it a couple of times for weekend trips, you wonĎt regret it! It always reminds of one of those old fashioned doctor bags....
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a coyote Mini Yeoman. It small enough to not need any organization, but large enough to accommodate some organizers. The mini YD is a perfect match to fit a Clear Quarter Packing cube (CQPC), a PCSB laid lengthwise, and if my mini YD were not used for some things right now I could confirm that 2 PCSB's and a CQPC would fit. That said, at 17 liter capacity is only 5 more liters than the large A45 packing cube. Most people don't add organizers to their packing cubes.

For my road trips, the mini YD fits the overflow items bag. I use my S25 for clothes, so I have not yet traveled with just the YD though see now reason a few days would not work. Personal preference on how someone handles dirty clothes may be the determinant to organization. A CQPC would float as a divider for clean and dirty perhaps.

The mini YD is little, but functional. I will be buying another mini just for use around the house as it makes a good 'junk drawer' and utilitarian.

In bigger picture, I see the mini YD as a personal item to complement a larger carryon. Doesn't fit German carrier Lufthansa's stated dimensions of personal item, but does many others.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Coyote color seems popular in the YD line!
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    Great choice! I have a Mini YD in Coyote and used it a couple of times for weekend trips, you won‘t regret it! It always reminds of one of those old fashioned doctor bags....
    Oh I know what you mean with doctor bag, that sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I have a coyote Mini Yeoman. It small enough to not need any organization, but large enough to accommodate some organizers. The mini YD is a perfect match to fit a Clear Quarter Packing cube (CQPC), a PCSB laid lengthwise, and if my mini YD were not used for some things right now I could confirm that 2 PCSB's and a CQPC would fit. That said, at 17 liter capacity is only 5 more liters than the large A45 packing cube. Most people don't add organizers to their packing cubes.

For my road trips, the mini YD fits the overflow items bag. I use my S25 for clothes, so I have not yet traveled with just the YD though see now reason a few days would not work. Personal preference on how someone handles dirty clothes may be the determinant to organization. A CQPC would float as a divider for clean and dirty perhaps.

The mini YD is little, but functional. I will be buying another mini just for use around the house as it makes a good 'junk drawer' and utilitarian.

In bigger picture, I see the mini YD as a personal item to complement a larger carryon. Doesn't fit German carrier Lufthansa's stated dimensions of personal item, but does many others.
    Thanks! I don’t think I would ever use it as a personal item for air travel, I’ve been using my (underpacked) DLBP for that for years. Never had a problem with it size wise. I don’t really fly for very short trips, my weekend trips where I would use the YD are mostly for visiting friends and family by train. I would pack the RB36 for longer trips (and air travel).

I’m going to have a look how it works with the packing cubes I already own - I definitely plan on using my laundry packing cube for underwear, socks and sleepwear. The other things will be trial and error. Of course I could always put the rest inside without a cube... I can post some pictures how everything works out once it’s here. We definitely need more pictures of the mini YD, I didn’t find that many when I went looking.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    The Coyote color seems popular in the YD line!
    I think it looks great with the black of the straps, maybe that’s the reason. And it’s a classic color for a classic duffel bag I guess. Coyote would not be the best color for my EDC (I prefer Aubergine for that), but I like it for a travel bag!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see how someone packs this for a weekend. It would be sweet to get down this minimal but that would be a challenge.

Pics please. (:

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIMT View Post
    I’d like to see how someone packs this for a weekend. It would be sweet to get down this minimal but that would be a challenge.

Pics please. (:
    Alright. Smilie Could take a while though, what with delivery to Germany and my work schedule.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    We definitely need more pictures of the mini YD, I didnít find that many when I went looking.
    I fully agree for the need of more mini Yeoman pictures and any size yeoman really. I am uncertain if there is not many out there or if they lack the glamour to be recognized. I feel the Yeomans, and to a lesser extent, the Daylight series, don't find the spotlight because they are simple and they just work. Hindsight being 20/20 of how and what I carry, I would have bought a small yeoman with organizers versus the S25, 3DCOC, and PCSB. Yeomans would be a great entry price point for many people scared of the aeronaut prices. I like simple and I like well made. TB yeoman achieves those and I have 3 so far.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I fully agree for the need of more mini Yeoman pictures and any size yeoman really. I am uncertain if there is not many out there or if they lack the glamour to be recognized. I feel the Yeomans, and to a lesser extent, the Daylight series, don't find the spotlight because they are simple and they just work. Hindsight being 20/20 of how and what I carry, I would have bought a small yeoman with organizers versus the S25, 3DCOC, and PCSB. Yeomans would be a great entry price point for many people scared of the aeronaut prices. I like simple and I like well made. TB yeoman achieves those and I have 3 so far.
    Yes, I think that’s it, they’re simple and they just work. I think the lack of reviews is probably also because there isn’t as much to show - no fancy pockets, no straps to test and so on. The DLBP is definitely my personal hero, I love that bag. My first ever TB bag was an Original Halcyon DLBP. I now have one in Aubergine and I use it all the time in every day life and I have used a DLBP on every single trip I’ve taken since 2015.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... I pulled the trigger on a mini yeoman in burnt orange! Letís hope itís as nice in person as in pictures!Big Grin
    Im happy they are still using 1050b on this product.

Chris D.
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast