Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips?

Iím thinking of getting a mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips (maximum of two nights). I have a RB36 which I love, but itís quite big for trips like that. I was thinking the small YD wasnít enough of a difference size wise to the RB36, so I was thinking either the mini or nothing. I could use my DLBP for weekend trips, but I prefer to have it for my personal stuff only and have my clothes in an extra bag. Seems like the NFTD wonít be coming back soon, so I wondered whether the YD might not be a nice alternative. Somehow I never paid attention to the Yeomans, but the mini looks pretty cute. If you you have a Mini YD, to you mind the lack of organisation? I would suspect it doesnít matter as much in a bag of this size, right? And if you have a mini YD, which packing cubes do you use? I was thinking of getting it in Coyote, especially knowing that the 1050d might not be available a lot longer. From what Iíve seen in pictures the 1050d coyote looks nicer than the 525d coyote.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the mini yeoman in aubergine. I use eagle creek packing cubes in small. I went on a 6 day trip with it. It held all my clothes easily. By the way the mini yeoman is almost the same size as the DLBP.

I say go for the mini. You won’t be disappointed.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yes, I saw that it’s fairly similar to the DLBP in size. That’s why I know that it shouldn’t be too small for my purpose, I could pack everything for a weekend into the DLBP if necessary (I just don’t want to). I think I would prefer the RB36 for six days though...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the mini in Verde. It is super cute and a perfect size for your use case.
    1050 coyote is beautiful, highly recommended!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I have placed an order. I’m looking forward to the Coyote. Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Thanks - I have placed an order. Iím looking forward to the Coyote. Smilie
    Great choice! I have a Mini YD in Coyote and used it a couple of times for weekend trips, you wonĎt regret it! It always reminds of one of those old fashioned doctor bags....
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a coyote Mini Yeoman. It small enough to not need any organization, but large enough to accommodate some organizers. The mini YD is a perfect match to fit a Clear Quarter Packing cube (CQPC), a PCSB laid lengthwise, and if my mini YD were not used for some things right now I could confirm that 2 PCSB's and a CQPC would fit. That said, at 17 liter capacity is only 5 more liters than the large A45 packing cube. Most people don't add organizers to their packing cubes.

For my road trips, the mini YD fits the overflow items bag. I use my S25 for clothes, so I have not yet traveled with just the YD though see now reason a few days would not work. Personal preference on how someone handles dirty clothes may be the determinant to organization. A CQPC would float as a divider for clean and dirty perhaps.

The mini YD is little, but functional. I will be buying another mini just for use around the house as it makes a good 'junk drawer' and utilitarian.

In bigger picture, I see the mini YD as a personal item to complement a larger carryon. Doesn't fit German carrier Lufthansa's stated dimensions of personal item, but does many others.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Coyote color seems popular in the YD line!
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    Great choice! I have a Mini YD in Coyote and used it a couple of times for weekend trips, you won‘t regret it! It always reminds of one of those old fashioned doctor bags....
    Oh I know what you mean with doctor bag, that sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I have a coyote Mini Yeoman. It small enough to not need any organization, but large enough to accommodate some organizers. The mini YD is a perfect match to fit a Clear Quarter Packing cube (CQPC), a PCSB laid lengthwise, and if my mini YD were not used for some things right now I could confirm that 2 PCSB's and a CQPC would fit. That said, at 17 liter capacity is only 5 more liters than the large A45 packing cube. Most people don't add organizers to their packing cubes.

For my road trips, the mini YD fits the overflow items bag. I use my S25 for clothes, so I have not yet traveled with just the YD though see now reason a few days would not work. Personal preference on how someone handles dirty clothes may be the determinant to organization. A CQPC would float as a divider for clean and dirty perhaps.

The mini YD is little, but functional. I will be buying another mini just for use around the house as it makes a good 'junk drawer' and utilitarian.

In bigger picture, I see the mini YD as a personal item to complement a larger carryon. Doesn't fit German carrier Lufthansa's stated dimensions of personal item, but does many others.
    Thanks! I don’t think I would ever use it as a personal item for air travel, I’ve been using my (underpacked) DLBP for that for years. Never had a problem with it size wise. I don’t really fly for very short trips, my weekend trips where I would use the YD are mostly for visiting friends and family by train. I would pack the RB36 for longer trips (and air travel).

I’m going to have a look how it works with the packing cubes I already own - I definitely plan on using my laundry packing cube for underwear, socks and sleepwear. The other things will be trial and error. Of course I could always put the rest inside without a cube... I can post some pictures how everything works out once it’s here. We definitely need more pictures of the mini YD, I didn’t find that many when I went looking.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    The Coyote color seems popular in the YD line!
    I think it looks great with the black of the straps, maybe that’s the reason. And it’s a classic color for a classic duffel bag I guess. Coyote would not be the best color for my EDC (I prefer Aubergine for that), but I like it for a travel bag!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see how someone packs this for a weekend. It would be sweet to get down this minimal but that would be a challenge.

Pics please. (:

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIMT View Post
    I’d like to see how someone packs this for a weekend. It would be sweet to get down this minimal but that would be a challenge.

Pics please. (:
    Alright. Smilie Could take a while though, what with delivery to Germany and my work schedule.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    We definitely need more pictures of the mini YD, I didnít find that many when I went looking.
    I fully agree for the need of more mini Yeoman pictures and any size yeoman really. I am uncertain if there is not many out there or if they lack the glamour to be recognized. I feel the Yeomans, and to a lesser extent, the Daylight series, don't find the spotlight because they are simple and they just work. Hindsight being 20/20 of how and what I carry, I would have bought a small yeoman with organizers versus the S25, 3DCOC, and PCSB. Yeomans would be a great entry price point for many people scared of the aeronaut prices. I like simple and I like well made. TB yeoman achieves those and I have 3 so far.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I fully agree for the need of more mini Yeoman pictures and any size yeoman really. I am uncertain if there is not many out there or if they lack the glamour to be recognized. I feel the Yeomans, and to a lesser extent, the Daylight series, don't find the spotlight because they are simple and they just work. Hindsight being 20/20 of how and what I carry, I would have bought a small yeoman with organizers versus the S25, 3DCOC, and PCSB. Yeomans would be a great entry price point for many people scared of the aeronaut prices. I like simple and I like well made. TB yeoman achieves those and I have 3 so far.
    Yes, I think that’s it, they’re simple and they just work. I think the lack of reviews is probably also because there isn’t as much to show - no fancy pockets, no straps to test and so on. The DLBP is definitely my personal hero, I love that bag. My first ever TB bag was an Original Halcyon DLBP. I now have one in Aubergine and I use it all the time in every day life and I have used a DLBP on every single trip I’ve taken since 2015.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... I pulled the trigger on a mini yeoman in burnt orange! Letís hope itís as nice in person as in pictures!Big Grin
    Im happy they are still using 1050b on this product.

Chris D.
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast