Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    A mini Q-kit is great for coins.
    See the Uses of the Q-kit thread. I'll excerpt a picture from the first post:

Also, I posted a picture of a Side Effect with small Ghost Whale Pouch and Nik's wallet in response to a recent forum query about carrying yogurt, a wallet, and 5 different medications in a bag. This is not the Side Kick and accessories I usually use, because I didn't want to take everything out of my current Side Kick to answer the question, and I also don't carry that cutlery set in my Side Kick, nor do I carry 5 pill bottles or yogurt around. But you may get another idea of space usage and the fit. I had to stick something under the wallet so that it would ride higher in the pocket for more visibility in that shot. I also checked that Side Kick and Shoulder Strap for (my) around the waist usage.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Forum Member
    Paris, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond
    I have read the different threads and follow the links, and with your help and the intervention of the various participants, I think I actually understood! Thanks again for that. I had a little trouble getting by with the (past and current) different designs of Side Kick and the different straps but that's ok. A lot of interesting information in these answers and suggestions.
    This is great news that it is possible to use the shoulder strap for the Side Kick! And, I will test both the included Shoulder Strap and the Gatekeeper Waist Strap that i will order.

I spent a lot of time looking at the accessories and different pouches. I chose some of them, then after your message I reconsidered the different options and added them to my order (by the way I had already chosen to order the strap keepers!Smilie).
    It is not so simple to visualize the different sizes, especially for a bag that is not yet in his possession.
    But I think the range of choices I made will work well. And I made sure that the pouches I chose could be complementary to the Muji pouches I already have and use.

I was also inspired by My Side Kick thread: In detail to choose some accessories.

The only thing that made me hesitate is about the Minimalist Wallet. I love the principle, which I have been looking for some time.
    But I still use coins (and I think the Clear Organizer Wallet is too big.) My current wallet is the Lemur Wallet, and I do not want something bigger.
    Then, I'm still thinking about it.

Forum Member
    Paris, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Also, I posted a picture of a Side Effect with small Ghost Whale Pouch
    Checked, and now i've changed my plan from a mini to a small Ghost Whale !

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pna View Post
    @moriond
    I have read the different threads and follow the links, and with your help and the intervention of the various participants, I think I actually understood! Thanks again for that. I had a little trouble getting by with the (past and current) different designs of Side Kick and the different straps but that's ok. A lot of interesting information in these answers and suggestions.
    This is great news that it is possible to use the shoulder strap for the Side Kick! And, I will test both the included Shoulder Strap and the Gatekeeper Waist Strap that i will order.

I spent a lot of time looking at the accessories and different pouches. I chose some of them, then after your message I reconsidered the different options and added them to my order (by the way I had already chosen to order the strap keepers!Smilie).
    It is not so simple to visualize the different sizes, especially for a bag that is not yet in his possession.
    But I think the range of choices I made will work well. And I made sure that the pouches I chose could be complementary to the Muji pouches I already have and use.

I was also inspired by My Side Kick thread: In detail to choose some accessories.

The only thing that made me hesitate is about the Minimalist Wallet. I love the principle, which I have been looking for some time.
    But I still use coins (and I think the Clear Organizer Wallet is too big.) My current wallet is the Lemur Wallet, and I do not want something bigger.
    Then, I'm still thinking about it.
    A lot of people like the old design of the Side Kick, because it's easy to switch a wide range of shoulder straps to the triangular opening points, and also because you can hang Side Effects and Side Kicks from Airplane seat pockets by attaching S-biner Clips or Double Carabiner clips to those openings -- they don't connect as easily to the waist belt webbing attachment points. Here's an early post showing how this works with the Side Effect to make it a Seat Pocket bag You can only easily get Double Carabiner clips now by buying a Knitting Tool Pouch -- they don't sell them separately any more, and external sources seem to have dried up. And you only get one per order with Knitting Tool Pouches (regardless of how many you buy). But you can still attach the SE and Side Kick to a seat pocket with S-biner clips, they just don't rotate as neatly to the optimal connection position.

Switching to the Gatekeeper clip connections does away with that triangular attachment hole. But the new Gatekeepers plus the new strap materials appear to work well for doubling use of the shoulder strap as a waist strap for the Side Kick -- at least for me.

Your wallet looks really nice -- the other advantage I can think of for Nik's Wallet is that we know that transit cards placed in the back pocket will work through the fabric -- you don't need to slide them out. I think there's a movie on the organizer pouch product pages that shows different sizes. There also an Ode to O-rings video that they did showing various accessories hooked to O-rings in different bags that might help. I think my use of the Clear Organizer Wallet is more historical -- I might not use that if I'm starting now.

My impression is that the Small Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch is the most frequently chosen of the sizes (based on the order in which they sell out). It's a bit between the other sizes in filling an organizational niche.

Good Luck!

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pna View Post
    Checked, and now i've changed my plan from a mini to a small Ghost Whale !
    I use Nik's wallet and carry it in my front jeans pocket. Coins (mostly quarters) I carry in a Super Mini Mesh Ghost Whale and keep one tucked into all of my regular bags that I use in rotation.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2