Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underpacked A30 on Spirit Airlines?

I crosschecked the dimensions and if I leave one pocket unpacked it should fit Spirit Airlines' very strict regulations (2 inches too long if packed). Definitely not trying to game the system! I'm posting mostly out of curiosity to see if anyone has successfully carried it and stowed it under the seat on a Spirit flight? I usually use a small non-TB tote for Spirit, but since I invested in a nice TB bag I'd like to use it on as many trips as I can. Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @runningtravels,

I don’t recall any discussions specifically about underpacked A30s and Spirit.

There was an earlier thread that mostly discussed options like the Western Flyer:

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...endations.html

There was also a more recent thread about “Pushing the limits” (not about Spirit specifically)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ost151837.html

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my smart alec fully packed on spirit no problem. However, its only 26l not 30, I did have a 2.5l hero’s journey pocket attached up top, so its close. I had no issues fitting it under the seat, none of the attendants said a word nor spared me a second glance. Keep in mind, I am only 5ft, so the smart alec filled out with the upper pocket filled out, looks quite large on me. I think you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Bucks County PA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Synapse 25 has similar dimensions to the A30; I've gotten my very slightly (but not by much) underpacked Synapse 25 on board Spirit as my 'personal item' and stowed it under seat with no problems. As long as you don't stuff it to the gills you should be fine.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently took my fully packed SN30 on Spirit with no issues and have flown several times with them with a S25 as well. The A30 is a little more boxy so it might get flagged but ymmv. I personally think you’ll be fine.