Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Zip-Top Shoulder Bag question

Am I interpreting the strap drop plus height correctly on the small zip-top shoulder bag? 22 inches strap drop plus 10.6 inches of height for a total of 32+ inches? Have any of you, based on height and carry style, had issues with this bag dragging along the ground unexpectedly?

Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im 52 and that has never happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 5'5" tall and the small shop bag never drags the ground. The large shop bag, I do have to be careful with, as I have long arms. But I've never accidentally dragged it except one time climing stairs.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 12-01-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 5'4" - no issues with the small ZTSB and only sometimes with the large - similar to my experience with the original Shop Bags (I think the straps are basically the same).

What I've noticed is that if you have a heavy lumpy object in the middle of the bag, it has the natural tendency to drag the bag downwards vs when the bag is more even loaded and/or the item(s) in the bottom are flat. Since there's no separate base panel or plastic insert (like in the Trucks), the whole bag will bend and conform to follow the heaviest item - basically becoming thinner but longer since it's stealing space from the horizontal to become more vertical.
    If that makes any sense to anyone except me... Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Am I interpreting the strap drop plus height correctly on the small zip-top shoulder bag? 22 inches strap drop plus 10.6 inches of height for a total of 32+ inches? Have any of you, based on height and carry style, had issues with this bag dragging along the ground unexpectedly?
    I'm 4'11" and haven't had that problem.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barely 411 and no problem with the small size. The large one will hit the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everybody, for the input. I had a measuring tape out last night and was trying to visualize the bag drop. Your experiences are helpful to know about.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update that the small zip-top shop bag came in handy tonight at the Kings/Warriors game at Chase Center in San Francisco. Bags larger than 14x14x6 inches must be checked at a cost of $10. The shop bag was fine to bring in, and I was able to carry the following:
    -large wool scarf folded up
    -allergy medications in a mesh 3D organizer cube
    -wallet, keys, and lip balm

The bag was easy to hold in my lap when needed. Warriors lost, but we still had a lot of fun.