Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Does Large Halcyon Organizer Pouch fit in maker's bag?

Hi, all.
    I'm looking into using large Halcyon organizer pouches to organize/tote my students work. My Maker's bag is my EDC bag. From the width dimensions, it seems that the large pouch is too wide (14.6") for the Maker's bag (13.6"). I know the maker's width is a little fungible (I'm always amazed how much I can cram in there), so I'm just wondering if the large halycon organizer pouch will fit in there & not be awkward/difficult to get in and out of it. Has anyone used the large organizer pouch in a maker's bag (or daylight briefcase)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wormie,

A horizontal Large OP sticks up about an inch past the height of the sides. Depending on what was in the OP and the rest of the bag, you could still use it by folding it over a touch. That said, the top of a MB is pretty flex so the bag flap could likely go over a large OP and still easily make the buckle. Hope this helps you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!
    Thank you very much, KmK!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @wormie,

Remember that if you put thick stacks of paper into a large organizer pouch, the edges of the profile will get pulled in to accommodate the depth. (You could actually put a ream of standard weight paper into a large organizer pouch).

Here are also some other pictures of the Large Organizer Pouches in use that may be of interest:

@brendabethman's pictures of the contents of her Maker's Bag (including "3 large organizer pouches (one very thick as it was stuffed full of exams and papers)" that she display in both Halcyon and 1050d Ballistic Nylon versions of the Maker's Bag) (post #92, 12-18-2015 in The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter) thread,

• @Snowbot's Large organizer pouch thread, with picture captions "When the stack of homework to be graded won't fit in a file folder, the Large Organizer Pouch comes to the rescue." and "I added a stack of exams to the homework in the large organizer pouch. Yes, I can zip it shut."

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @moriond ! That was helpful!