Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will a Macbook Air 11-inch fit in the laptop compartment of a Synik 22?

Trying to decide between a Synik 22 & 30.

I have had a Brain Bag (35 L) for about 4-5 years and have used it as my carryon on nearly every trip I've taken. It's a great backpack but it is quite large -- perhaps that's why I have trouble keeping my perennial resolution not to overpack!

I'd like to start using something smaller and there seems to be (potentially) a lot to like about the SN 22. I have an 11-inch MacBook Air which will need to go on many trips. From the description, it sounds like an 11-inch MB Air would fit into the SN 22's laptop compartment, but I would like to be sure. Has anyone here traveled with the SN 22 or used it as an EDC while needing to take a MB Air 11" along? I've seen some discussions here indicating that the larger iPad Pros may be a tight fit for the SN 22's laptop compartment.

I don't use a cache for the MB Air but do have a relatively thin neoprene sleeve (Case Logic) that I use, as well as an Incase shell on the laptop itself. I'd definitely want to keep the shell on and would prefer to retain the neoprene sleeve, too.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or experience!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 13” MacBook Pro fits in my Synik 22 just fine. Your 11” shouldn’t be a problem.
    Synapse 25 Black/Wasabi Cordova, Pilot Navy/Northwest Sky Ballistic Nylon, Co-Pilot Black/Wasabi Halcyon, Aeronaut 45 Black/Wasabi Ballistic Nylon

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an 11" MBA around for testing, but my work 12" MB fits no problem and they're of a similar size. My 13" MacBook Pro fits easily too so you'll have no problems Smilie
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both! Just what I needed to know -- there's no substitute for real life experience.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty excited to receive my Synik 22 early this morning (as in 6:45 AM!) via USPS. Kudos to them for managing holiday package deliveries in such an efficient manner.

Will post a review with photos in the next week but I've already tried out my 11-inch MacBook Air in its neoprene sleeve. It slides pretty easily into both the side and interior openings of the laptop space of an empty bag. The challenges will come when the backpack has the other travel & personal items in it.

Thanks, TB crew, for such a great bag. I am looking forward to using it.