Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synik 22 and a PCSB?

Hello all,

I searched the forum but couldn't quite find an answer to my question. I've got a Synik 22 and I use a large A30 laundry cube as my main packing cube. I'm considering adding a PCSB to my collection as an extra packing cube. The thing is that I would like it to lay horizontally on top of the A30 cube and near the top of the bag (where the zippers meet). Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks
    Mike

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Hello all,

I searched the forum but couldn't quite find an answer to my question. I've got a Synik 22 and I use a large A30 laundry cube as my main packing cube. I'm considering adding a PCSB to my collection as an extra packing cube. The thing is that I would like it to lay horizontally on top of the A30 cube and near the top of the bag (where the zippers meet). Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks
    Mike
    Hi @logella,

No, there isn’t enough vertical room left above the large A30 laundry packing cube to put the PCSB there. The PCSB is quite tall (consider that a Medium size Organizer Pouch or Double Organizer Pouch can fit vertically into its diagonal front zippered pocket and that some people carry an iPad in the PCSB. It won’t even fit in the bottom zippered pocket of a Synapse 19 — you’d have to move up to a Synapse 25 for it to fit there,

If you add a PCSB to your Synik 22 setup, you’d probably have to stow it in the elastic zipper pocket opposite the side where the laptop compartment is located, and also turn it 90° to fit in.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @moriond.

I'm thinking from your answer I wasn't quite clear of exactly where I was hoping it would fit. Unless I'm reading your response wrong it seems like you are referring to the small space (maybe 4-5 inches) above the A30 cube and the top of the bag. That's not what I was thinking. Rather, stacking it on top of the A30 cube, i.e. double stacking it on the top half to 3/4 of the A30 cube. It seems like it would fit as the Synik 22 FAQ suggests that it's possible to use two A30 cubes at the same time.

I hope that makes sense.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would work, but you’d need to use the retaining straps to secure the PCSB in place. It’s also possible to use combinations that are slightly thinner than the A30 large Packing Cube — i like the Medium Tristar Packing Cube for example— for alternative packing combinations in the Synik 22 if you want to distribute space differently. For example, I don’t usually use my Synapses as substitutes for luggage and only carrying clothes, so a cube that is not as thick, and better matches the vertical height of the compartment gives me more flexibility.

HTH

moriond