Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadet sleeve and MacBook Pro 15"

I have a Cadet (just got it), and a MacBook Pro 15" retina (2015).

I note that the laptop with no case just fits the sleeve inside the main compartment, but it's a very snug fit.

Is this where folks keep the laptop or have folks found it damaging to the stitching over time, stretching it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispoole View Post
    I have a Cadet (just got it), and a MacBook Pro 15" retina (2015).

I note that the laptop with no case just fits the sleeve inside the main compartment, but it's a very snug fit.

Is this where folks keep the laptop or have folks found it damaging to the stitching over time, stretching it?

Hello chrispoole!

My Cadet is built like a tank. I would not worry about the snug fit affect any stitching...just my 2 cents!
    What color did you purchase?

Chris DWink
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black 525 and Island interior… would prefer Wasabi to match my Tri-star and Synapse but beggars can't be choosers. Great business bag!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, looking to get a bag for my uncle who has a 15” pc laptop. Waiting on dimensions. I have a cadet but i’m not sure if mine is the big one or small one. Is there only one size of the cadet now?
    So, the current cadet will probably be a tight fit (if it fits) for my uncle’s laptop?
    Adam

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam,
    There is only one size of the Cadet now. The retired Cadet is smaller than the current one.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afstein View Post
    Hi, looking to get a bag for my uncle who has a 15” pc laptop. Waiting on dimensions. I have a cadet but i’m not sure if mine is the big one or small one. Is there only one size of the cadet now?
    So, the current cadet will probably be a tight fit (if it fits) for my uncle’s laptop?
    Adam
    @afstein ,

I think that you need to be more specific about the 15" pc laptop that you want to fit into the Cadet. @JohnDel is correct that the current version of the Cadet matches the original 13"/15" Cadet release. Take a look at the discussion in the Will my Thinkpad laptop fit in a Pilot? thread from 2015, where the discussion is very specific about different 15" laptop dimensions that can fit into the Cadet (but not into the Pilot), and also about cache sizing that would fit into the Cadet. These were 15.6" laptops that we were discussing in that thread, that were desktop replacements for graphics quality. For the Lenovo W520 model with extended life battery that I referred to, I would have considered using that in the Cadet without an external cache (the size 1 is really too tight), but note that the sides and bottom of the Cadet have additional padding. Again, it is easier to answer these questions if you can provide a specific model or dimensions. Note that the available range of caches may currently be limited, but that you can also use the Cadet with a non-TomBihn caches as @tpnl did.

HTH

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDel View Post
    Adam,
    There is only one size of the Cadet now. The retired Cadet is smaller than the current one.