Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will all of this fit in a Tri-Star?

Will Tri Star work for me? (Apologies in advance, I know there are a bunch of threads like this)
    Travel weekly, hereís my list:

3x undershirt, socks, underwear(sometimes packing cubes sometimes not)
    3x dress shirts in small pack it folder
    3 sets gym clothes (shorts shirts socks, lightweight).
    1 pair dress shoes
    1 pair running shoes
    1 pair dress pants
    Small Dopp kit or 3-1-1
    The usual chargers and stuff (relatively minimal)

Thinking the shoes with socks on outside, folder and other clothes on backside. And...

...would like to be able to stuff a skinny laptop bag in the middle. Basically in transit, I imagine myself pulling out the small briefcase to work on the plane when I get to the gate. Thinking of the TB daylight bag. (Also perhaps toiletries here)

Is this too aggressive? I know the shoes are going to take up a lot of space. (If it matters, Iím a small guy. Size 8ish shoes, small shirts) etc.

Also curious if anyone has tips on how to pack dirties in these bags given the high amount of structure.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWDixon View Post
    Will Tri Star work for me? (Apologies in advance, I know there are a bunch of threads like this)
    Welcome to the Forums @JohnWDixon!

I prefer the 3D packing style of the Aeronauts, so I don't have a TS to try out for you, but folks should chime in soon. It's always ok to ask about your pack list, we all enjoy it.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirties? They just crammed into any available corner. I'm doing laundry in the sink and shower every evening so the dirties only gather up on the last two days.

Estimating packing volume is difficult if you don't have experience or bags with known volumes. The TriStar maxes out at 33 liters (with a lot of internal space taken up with the organizational panels) but TriStar owners do love their bags.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the laptop bag in the middle pocket, it's going to hinge on the flatness of the shoes. When I started travelling weekly, I bought sneakers just for travel, whith mesh tops that I could crush thin. I got my Size 12s, my overnight kit, dress watch, first aid kit, and spare glasses in half the front pocket of a WF. That will definitely work in a Tri-Star. I usually wore dress shoes in transit, but if I needed another pair, I packed Venetian loafers that were relatively flat, and soft packed underwear and socks around them.

That sounds heavy on the gym clothes. I'd say find some more odor-resistant workout clothes so you don't need so many. Gyms smell terrible anyway. I usually just soap mine in the shower after, and they're dry by the evening.

I usually pack underwear and socks in a half size packing cube in the front pocket, and shoes and other accessories in a cube on the other side. If I'm going to multiple destinations AND not doing laundry, I put the dirties in with the shoes, and move the accessories over to the "clean cube" as room frees up to keep them equally sized.