Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Pilot maybe??

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot maybe??

Good evening everyone, need a bit of advice. I am in need of a bag that, ideally, would carry my field journal, side kick & a few other bits. The co-pilot is almost perfect, just a smidge too small. Can anyone tell me if I can get all that in a pilot. Open to other options as well. If there are photos anywhere please point me in the right direction. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Side Kick will fit in the main pocket of the Pilot along with a field journal and still leave plenty of room for lots of other stuff in the front pockets. Have you looked at the Maker's Bag or, if you're open to not using your SK, the MCB?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like the Co-Pilot, the Pilot will certainly swallow a fully loaded TB field journal and side kick and loose bits in the pockets inside the main compartment. Leaves you the 3 front pockets to fill. It get very heavy quickly.

I like (and have) the Pilot and Co-Pilot. They are still my favorite Personal Item travel bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pilot is a great bag. It carries a lot of stuff but it handles like a smaller bag. And it is still compact, compared to most briefcases I own. It's great for underseat air travel for those of us who need the leg room and don't want to fill the entire space with a personal item. I have several "nicer" briefcases that I have to force myself to use because the Pilot is just more practical.

Manhattan. I haven't flown on a plane since the '90s.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also beautifully swallows up an A45 side packing cube in its main compartment. In a pinch it doubles as a great overnight bag!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    It also beautifully swallows up an A45 side packing cube in its main compartment. In a pinch it doubles as a great overnight bag!
    Overnight? I'll see your overnight and raise you a 3 night "consulting week". Smilie

Seriously though, to the OP, I love my Pilot. It's probably my most used of my TB bags, great for travel, great for daily work.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also done a 3 day business trip using only my Pilot. However, I did not bring any electronic items other than my phone, and I did not bring any electric equipment (hairdryer) etc. And it was summer and very casual.