Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbrunny View Post
    Thanks DomHorrible. That is interesting. Normally with UPS, I get dinged for HST and a slew of other charges for their handling. I know that this may be a crapshoot and experiences may vary but gives me some hope that this will be better than when I normally receive items shipped via UPS.
    Welcome to the Forums @Newbrunny!

I'm in the US, so don't follow the shipping posts too closely, but there was a whole recent thread about brokerage fees, etc to Canada that you might find interesting
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ould-high.html
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE #3

I went to Vancouver and came back, with only my S25 and a small shoulder bag (about the size of the Side Effect). So, what did fit?
    - 2 dress pants
    - 7 pairs of socks
    - 5 underwears
    - 2 polo shirts
    - 2 pair of shoes (water shoes and flat Vans type shoes)
    - gym clothes (shirt and t-shirt)
    - 500 ml hydroflask
    - cables and chargers
    - medicine
    - toothpaste, toothbrush and deodorant

There was not much more space, all clothes were compressed with EC compression pouches. I had space for smallish items, MAYBE a laptop if I really wanted to, but that's it. Do note that I have a frame and that for this kind of load, it was very much appreciated.

Once at the hotel, I unpacked everything and brought only what I needed day to day. I now got a HLT, whale pouch and swivel carabiners on the way for more organisation, because getting stuff in and out when in the plane was a slight nightmare, and for future travel, I want to be able to just get the HLT out and have all my entertainment stuff inside without traveling with two bags. Now that the new model with the updated straps is out, get this one if you plan on putting 50 pounds of stuff inside. For daily travel, the standard straps are perfect, but boy did my shoulders were sore at the end of the day, and that's just after 1 or 2 hours.

I'm personally not planning on replacing my own S25. I'll be sewing a British Columbia patch on it to commemorate my trip and sealing this bag as my permanent all-purpose bag.

As an aside, I saw that this thread had 3000+ views, and I hope that I have helped some of you making a decision. I see many people having 2, 3 or more TB bags and buying the new version as soon as they get out, but for many people, a $200 bag is a one-time deal, especially when accessories make it a $500 bag. It was a big deal for me at least. If you have any questions that you would like to have answered, or want to see specific items inside the bag to better visualize the space, please, ask!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3