Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-pilot conforms to waist well?

I'm thinking about getting the Co-pilot for EDC. Water bottle, compact camera, light rain jacket, that kind of thing.

I have a Cadet already for business trips and find it very rigid; it doesn't curve around my waist, which is fine for a big laptop bag but I want something smaller and softer here.

How well does the 525 material do in this regard, given there's no padding inside? Or does it always look very rigid?

I assume the Halcyon is better here but I dislike the visible hatching type of pattern.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that the construction of the CP in addition to its size meant if it was anything other than almost empty it would retain the rectangular cube shape. It never particularly conformed to my body. I could never find a good use for the CP it was a bit too small for weekend travel and wasn't comfortable enough for EDC. I'm a bigger guy 6' over 200# so my clothes never really fit in it and I don't know if smaller folks have better luck with the bag fitting their body.

There are many many people who love the bag and I adore the Pilot for short travel trips.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very happy with my Co-Pilot, but it does not particularly conform to my body--as @Muni_Jedi said, the way it's constructed tends to make it keep its shape. If having a bag curve around your waist is important to you, you might like to check out the Parental Unit which is much more conformable. (I'm also very happy with my Parental Unit.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.