Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HLT 1 and the iphone 7 plus

Will an iphone 7 plus fit in the outer pocket or under mesh pocket of an HLT1?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjf View Post
    Will an iphone 7 plus fit in the outer pocket or under mesh pocket of an HLT1?
    I hope you get a definitive answer from someone who owns both iPhone 7 plus and HLT1, but the only picture we have of what (maximum?) size iPhone fits into the outer pocket is @bartleby's picture of his iPhone 7 in the HLT1 outer pocket:

With the clearance for the zipperhead and phone case, it looks as though the iPhone 7 plus (158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm (6.23 x 3.07 x 0.29 in)) compared to the smaller iPhone 7 (138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)) might not fit into the outside zipper pocket (since it is ~0.8" longer than the iPhone 7 shown there.

From my experiments with notebooks of different sizes under the inside mesh pocket of the HLT1, the space there would be too tight.

It might be possible to secure an iPhone 7 inside the HLT1 with the elastic webbing by using a seam ripper, so that the elastic webbing can be used over a wider area to hold the phone in place. The problem is that since the HLTs open on three sides, a phone would need to be held in place when you open the HLT1 since, unlike with the Side Effect or 3D Organizer Cubes, the sides won't keep the contents of the HLT from falling out when it is completely opened.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 01-24-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, I did see that one! I don't have an iphone 7 in the house that I can compare with and it's just easier and more fun to visualize if someone actually had one. Smilie