Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight differences between Synik Guide edition and normal bags

Hey all,

I'm wondering if there will be any differences in the weight between the guide edition of the Synik and the normal Synik bags. I'm looking at getting a Synik 30 for one bag travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for new color combos with the halcyon exterior or grabbing one of these limited guides edition bags. A big concern for me is the weight, though, so I'm wondering if the guides editions will have tangible differences in on-my-back weight compared to the normal version of the bags.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weight difference is only about 15g / 0.5oz. Pretty much just the weight of the lashpoints and the stitching to put them on there, which is what one would expect considering they're the only non-cosmetic difference.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    The weight difference is only about 15g / 0.5oz. Pretty much just the weight of the lashpoints and the stitching to put them on there, which is what one would expect considering they're the only non-cosmetic difference.
    Exactly. And for the Synik 22 GE, there's the negligible weight of a second zipper slider on the bottom pocket.